FIrst injury while riding

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2013 9:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2013 1:23 PM

So yesterday i was riding my friends half pipe that he has in his back yard and we decided to play a game of B.I.K.E. after like 5 or so rounds he set a hop in. I have never done it before and said what the hell i will try it. i went for it and cased. next thing i know i am at the bottom of the ramp and i have tons of blood in my mouth. My teeth went into the inside of my lip. it was a 3 inch slice across my lip. My friends dad brought me to the emergency room and i got 4 stitches and since i slid on my face i have like road burns. Yeah i know i am a noob and i am stupid. So does anyone have any tips for hop ins? What was your first injury from riding?

[img]Photo
[/img]

|

5/24/2013 9:29 PM

just do a little 2 wheel hop and dip your front wheel and also come at it at an angle not strait

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/24/2013 9:46 PM

It was the trails, They were shoutin'.

Photo

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo








For faster reply text me at 7024964706

5/24/2013 9:54 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

just do a little 2 wheel hop and dip your front wheel and also come at it at an angle not strait

thanks i will try it when these stitches come out on tuesday

|

5/25/2013 8:26 AM

Will never understand how you can case on a hop in, I mean obviously it is possible but damn that sucks

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/25/2013 8:29 AM

Never got any face injuries but I fractured my heel, and have rebroke my wrist several times now, just cast that bad boy and go with it haha but the heel was the most painful shit ever

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/25/2013 11:01 AM

this wasn't my first injury but it is my worst to date i was on the platform by the quarter pipe at my local skate park and it gets really jam packed some weekends so i'm sitting there waiting for the scooter kids to move and for my turn to drop in ive been real short on funds so i haven't been able to buy a helmet lol spoiler alert my turn to go in some one yells i turn my head like what while dropping in wheel turns and bam wake up on the other side of the park was carried there by some skateboarders took me half an hour to figure out how i dropped where i was and how i got there lol

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

5/25/2013 11:30 AM

Effting wrote:

Never got any face injuries but I fractured my heel, and have rebroke my wrist several times now, just cast that bad boy and go with it haha but the heel was the most painful shit ever

yea i have had a broken wrist from snowboarding i said fuck it there is no way it was going to stop me from riding over the winter

|

5/25/2013 11:32 AM

Tweetz wrote:

this wasn't my first injury but it is my worst to date i was on the platform by the quarter pipe at my local skate park and it gets really jam packed some weekends so i'm sitting there waiting for the scooter kids to move and for my turn to drop in ive been real short on funds so i haven't been able to buy a helmet lol spoiler alert my turn to go in some one yells i turn my head like what while dropping in wheel turns and bam wake up on the other side of the park was carried there by some skateboarders took me half an hour to figure out how i dropped where i was and how i got there lol

damn that sucks. My friends half pipe is in his yard so his parents are always watching. They always make us wear a helmet which is a good thing or i prob. would wear it some times

|

5/25/2013 1:00 PM

I think my first injury was when I was first learning to fakie out of 180s, I fell and smacked my face on the edge of curb and I broke the top part of my nose into three pieces I think, when I went to the hospital they had to stick metal rods up my nose to straighten everything out, that was the weirdest shit ever haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/25/2013 1:25 PM

Tweetz wrote:

this wasn't my first injury but it is my worst to date i was on the platform by the quarter pipe at my local skate park and it gets really jam packed some weekends so i'm sitting there waiting for the scooter kids to move and for my turn to drop in ive been real short on funds so i haven't been able to buy a helmet lol spoiler alert my turn to go in some one yells i turn my head like what while dropping in wheel turns and bam wake up on the other side of the park was carried there by some skateboarders took me half an hour to figure out how i dropped where i was and how i got there lol

tom.lisowski.77 wrote:

damn that sucks. My friends half pipe is in his yard so his parents are always watching. They always make us wear a helmet which is a good thing or i prob. would wear it some times

yeah i hear a lot of younger kids calling helmets gay and thinking its cool not to were them but i find that they are as much needed as the bike im hoping to get one for my b day

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

5/25/2013 1:31 PM

Photo

I hate trails.
|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

5/25/2013 1:33 PM

Tweetz wrote:

this wasn't my first injury but it is my worst to date i was on the platform by the quarter pipe at my local skate park and it gets really jam packed some weekends so i'm sitting there waiting for the scooter kids to move and for my turn to drop in ive been real short on funds so i haven't been able to buy a helmet lol spoiler alert my turn to go in some one yells i turn my head like what while dropping in wheel turns and bam wake up on the other side of the park was carried there by some skateboarders took me half an hour to figure out how i dropped where i was and how i got there lol

tom.lisowski.77 wrote:

damn that sucks. My friends half pipe is in his yard so his parents are always watching. They always make us wear a helmet which is a good thing or i prob. would wear it some times

Tweetz wrote:

yeah i hear a lot of younger kids calling helmets gay and thinking its cool not to were them but i find that they are as much needed as the bike im hoping to get one for my b day

yeah if i wasnt wearing one i would have a lot for than just a split lip. the helmet protected my head obviously and also my nose from breaking

|

5/25/2013 3:50 PM

I rock a helmet, I have yet to get shit for it, bullying helmet riders is a urban myth

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/25/2013 3:55 PM

Effting wrote:

I rock a helmet, I have yet to get shit for it, bullying helmet riders is a urban myth

Not to me it ain't no myth. I've gotten shit for it on multiple occasions.... still rocking one wink Been trying to get into dirt riding and a lil bit of park you guys would recommend it?

|

5/25/2013 4:29 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

got a pedal bite
|

5/25/2013 5:53 PM

First...
Fractured tailbone from a 180. People were like "you get fucked in the ass too hard".
It sucked.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/25/2013 6:27 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

First...
Fractured tailbone from a 180. People were like "you get fucked in the ass too hard".
It sucked.

i did this hopping a 7 stair when i was a gooner lol

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha



BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842




WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/26/2013 5:48 AM

i got 9 stitches in my lip from slipping out on a rail snowboarding. my teeth made a y shaped cut on my lip haha

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

5/26/2013 9:30 AM

Effting wrote:

I rock a helmet, I have yet to get shit for it, bullying helmet riders is a urban myth

This. Never once has anyone said anything to me about my helmet.

|

5/26/2013 6:54 PM

BIGGEST BAIL:
trying to hop a 2 lane rode gap and landed but didn't have enough time to dodge a pole and broke my hand and dislocated my shoulder. Pretty funny though

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/26/2013 7:14 PM

KaneF15 wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

got a pedal bite

this would be everyones first hahaha

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/26/2013 7:26 PM

KaneF15 wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

got a pedal bite

jamiespadina wrote:

this would be everyones first hahaha

Landmine? And his first reaction was awe shit I gotta tweet this lol

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/27/2013 8:29 AM

Isn't that a Boston bombing victim?

I've cracked my skull, dislocated my right ankle, stretched ligaments and tendons in my left ankle, good concussion, think I cracked my wrist too but didn't get it checked out just hurt like fuck for 2 months.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/27/2013 1:12 PM

fucked my shoulder up super bad, never went to the doctor to find out what it was, and now i got bones all out of place and shit... its funny

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/27/2013 7:59 PM

Gump wrote:

Isn't that a Boston bombing victim?

I've cracked my skull, dislocated my right ankle, stretched ligaments and tendons in my left ankle, good concussion, think I cracked my wrist too but didn't get it checked out just hurt like fuck for 2 months.

i dont think so, I've seen it on reddit a bunch of times before

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5