FORKS MEASUREMENTS

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2010 3:45 AM

HELLO , aaaaand lets get down to buisness. I want some new forks what measurements do i need to take so they fit , i know i have a 10mm wheel so dropouts 10mm. Does the steerer width differ on BMX's? And do i need to measure the lengh o the actual forks. Thankyou, Excuse my ignorance

|

1/10/2010 6:08 AM

don't think the steerer width changes, every fork on sale which is bmx will take a bmx wheel so you don't need to measure the length of the forks

|

1/10/2010 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:11 AM

Steerer width for all serious bmx bikes today is 1 1/8". If you have an older/shittier new frame, it might have a 1" headtube...probably not though. Tell us what your frame is to make sure.

The fork length is not important for fit of the wheel (as jamie cole said, all 20" bmx forks will accomodate a 20" wheel)...only geometry. However, the steerer tube length is important. If you buy a used fork, the steerer tube will likely have been cut. On a new fork, the steerer is probably longer than necessary, and will work best if you trim it down with a hacksaw.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

1/11/2010 1:53 AM

Cheers chappies i dint want to jump into anything. Appreciate it, the answer i was lookin for.

|