FOX LAUNCH PRO KNEE/SHIN COMBO

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2014 8:49 PM

Heya, I'm new here and just getting back into BMX after 20 odd years. I'm looking for a good knee/shin combo and am currently leaning towards the Fox Launch Pro. If any of you own or have used these before could you please offer me some feedback? I'm tall old and heavy so need something that can take a good hit and also something that is comfortable and will stay secure with vigorous pedaling. Any info/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

|

1/13/2014 8:55 PM

I have these, they are great for mountain biking when your wearing shorts they stay in place well and have lots of protection. If you plan on wearing pants then they do not fit well under pants I recently got these and they are really great for just a little padding under pants.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

1/13/2014 9:21 PM

Cheers mate. I live in shorts so that sounds good....I like the look of the other ones too. Thanks for your help

|

1/13/2014 9:23 PM

No problem dude

|

My Fit

1/14/2014 6:22 AM

I have an old set, they have been awesome under pants over the years for me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2014 9:27 AM

Cheers for the help guys, very much appreciated! I have ordered a pair so I'll see how they go and let yas know.

|

1/16/2014 11:23 AM

Anyone try the titans ? I need new good slim pads this spring

|

1/16/2014 3:31 PM

I would go for some shin pads with the ankle guards also. You could get these I don't know if you can get them in NZL but definitely go with something that protects your ankles because that shit hurts!

|

1/16/2014 3:40 PM

@ ajohn15....those pads look awesome....I have just ordered the fox pads yesterday so it's abit late now lol...Definitely like the look of those fuse pads though and love the idea of the ankle protection too...first time I've seen any like that! Cheers man

|

1/16/2014 4:22 PM

wish I woulda wore pads when I was younger... now all of my shits all fucked up

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/16/2014 4:38 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

word.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/16/2014 4:50 PM

I_TRY wrote:

@ ajohn15....those pads look awesome....I have just ordered the fox pads yesterday so it's abit late now lol...Definitely like the look of those fuse pads though and love the idea of the ankle protection too...first time I've seen any like that! Cheers man

No problem man. I take the outside cup out when I where mid tops because it gets a little tight and you don't really need them. But those fox ones should be fine.

|

1/16/2014 8:30 PM

You could get some Vans Sk8-Hi's if your worried about your ankles.

|

My Fit

1/16/2014 9:33 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

Should I wear pads seeing as im young?

|

1/21/2014 5:15 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I think everyone should wear some sort of pads no matter what the age.....beats blowing out a knee or elbow hands down!

|

1/21/2014 5:25 PM

Pads arrived a few days ago and finally got the chance to try them out at the track this morning. Gotta say..I'm impressed and totally happy with my purchase! Super comfy and barely noticeable after the first lap. No slipping at all...didn't even have to correct or adjust them once. Anyone out there looking for a good knee/shin combo.....I highly recommend these pads for comfort at least. I haven't taken a hit with them on yet though so that side of things I cant comment on but I definitely feel safe wearing them....Thanks again for the help smile

|

1/21/2014 6:29 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I_TRY wrote:

I think everyone should wear some sort of pads no matter what the age.....beats blowing out a knee or elbow hands down!

This.

Knee pads and a helmet MINIMUM.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/21/2014 6:49 PM

Yeah and gloves always helps out too

|

My Fit

1/22/2014 8:14 PM

Does anyone ride those fuse whip knee/shins i was thinking about getting a new pair of pads. Are they flexible.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding