FRAMES 2015

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2014 10:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2014 10:27 PM

Photo

BSD ALVX frame , Alex Donnachie's signature frame will have a 12.5 chainstay length and no bridge , with supposedly one of the steepiest HT on the market

Photo

The Stranger Ballast , 75.5 HT , 13.25 CS , and a massive 10" standover with 8mm investcast dropouts

What is up with these weird frames? I want to try one of them to see what it's like. The Stranger frame seems dope but I'd like to tailwhip lol , and the BSD seems to tech as fuck but I can be sketchy and I like manualing down steep hills , that 12.5 CS is a toothpick lol
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/6/2014 11:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:19 PM

no on both of those
10" standover is retarded unless you are david grant, and 12.5 cs is going to feel like riding a scooter
no bridge? bye bye rear end stiffness, hella bent chainstays
plus steep headtubes are unnecessary considering all it does is make the balance point that much harder to stay in

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/6/2014 11:59 PM

The BSD does have a chainstay bridge. Look closer. They both look like shit though.

|

9/7/2014 12:33 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The BSD does have a chainstay bridge. Look closer. They both look like shit though.

I was thinking of a wishbone , oops. Still you'd think it'd flex like a floppy dick?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/7/2014 12:44 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I was thinking of a wishbone , oops. Still you'd think it'd flex like a floppy dick?

no I very much doubt it or they wouldn't be putting it out. I think its good that companies are making frames that arw a bit different as far to many are making 75 ha 13.5 slammed frames. Good on BSD for making frames that the riders actually want rather than just trying to put out whatever's the most popular on the market.
I swear you guys whinge when all the frames are the same and then when someone makes something different you slag it off before the things even been released

|

9/7/2014 7:00 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

no on both of those
10" standover is retarded unless you are david grant, and 12.5 cs is going to feel like riding a scooter
...more

Any thing that isn't exactly what I want is gay.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/7/2014 7:20 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

no on both of those
...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Steve is afraid of change

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/7/2014 8:15 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

no I very much doubt it or they wouldn't be putting it out. I think its good that companies are making frames that arw a bit ...more

This, i always see posts about the generic-ness of frames yet when stuff like this comes out that shows alittle diversity it's automatically shit or garbage

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/7/2014 8:25 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

no on both of those
...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

tomdon wrote:

Steve is afraid of change

Yeah pretty much

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/7/2014 9:13 AM

I don't know if the BSD frame has one of the steepest HTA's on the market, from what I've heard it's just the steepest out of all the BSD frames

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/7/2014 9:18 AM

From what I.know total has the steepest. 76 degrees.

|

9/7/2014 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 10:06 AM

Look at the headtube junctions, gussets and seattube junctions. That's why they look like shit. Top and down tubes are spread too far out on the Stranger (The closer they are, the stronger the frame would be), the gussets are too small on both, the small seat clamp thing never really worked well and I wouldn't be surprised if the low seat clamps like those are what makes frames snap at the top tube/seat tube junction.

12.5 is pointless. Kids think they want it because they think it will make riding easier and more scooter-like, but it just makes everything harder and slower.

But also these kids don't go more than 5 mph at foot tall ledges so it's alright I guess.

The 10" standover on the Stranger is awesome, but it just looks like a poorly designed frame.

|

9/7/2014 11:01 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Look at the headtube junctions, gussets and seattube junctions. That's why they look like shit. Top and down tubes are spread ...more

It's 12.5 because Alex D wanted it like that, same with the HA, simple as that. its good that a company is actually willing to get behind their riders and make them the frames they want regardless of how out of the norm it is. The junctions look pretty much exactly the same as regular ones as well.
They are both comping from great companies who are doing great stuff for bmx at the moment and and unless they come out and people snap them there is no issue, speculating that something will be shit because of an online picture of a prototype is just ridiculous, there is no evidence that they will be bad at all especially considering the quality of the other products the companies make

|

9/7/2014 11:49 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

It's 12.5 because Alex D wanted it like that, same with the HA, simple as that. its good that a company is actually willing to ...more

"The junctions look pretty much exactly the same as regular ones as well."

That's exactly why I think it looks like shit. The industry standard, regular frames are shitty designs. I think it's stupid to settle for "good enough." The rear end would be stronger and stiffer if the seat stays didn't overlap as much and met behind the seat tube. The front end would be stiffer and stronger if the top and down tubes met at the head tube. The top tube gussets on both are too small to actually do anything positive. The integrated seat clamps will weaken the seat tube junction.

Seriously, why settle for something that isn't the best it can be?

|

9/7/2014 11:56 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Look at the headtube junctions, gussets and seattube junctions. That's why they look like shit. Top and down tubes are spread ...more

JoeDavidson wrote:

It's 12.5 because Alex D wanted it like that, same with the HA, simple as that. its good that a company is actually willing to ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

"The junctions look pretty much exactly the same as regular ones as well."

That's exactly why I think it looks like shit. The ...more

ohh sorry I forgot that you were an expert frame designer and builder. Honestly if they were causing problems they would have been changed, but they haven't because there isn't an issue. BSD frames don't break with these gussets and a company building a reputation as good as theirs isn't going to put stuff out that isn't high quality. Stop trying to slag everything that isn't odyssey off now its getting old. Also do you have any evidence that integrated seat clamps cause frames to crack

|

9/7/2014 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 12:02 PM

I really like the 10" standover personally but I am 6'2".. I just wish it wasn't on such a mellow angle but at the same time I guess thats the only way it could be done really..

12.5" seems a bit silly but I mean if thats what the rider wants and thats what they can sell than go for it.. whatever keeps BMX companies going..

All I want is a Haro SDv3 with a 13.25" chainstay... but I will never get it. sad

|

9/7/2014 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 12:07 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

ohh sorry I forgot that you were an expert frame designer and builder. Honestly if they were causing problems they would have ...more

Well, first off, integrated clamps don't clamp as well as separate clamps because they only pinch from behind, they don't clamp evenly all around. This pinch is also what I believe causes frames to crack. It puts stress on the front of the seat tube, making it more likely to crack.

I'm not "slagging everything that isn't odyssey off." I'm just pointing out the obvious flaws in frames. You're settling for "good enough." You're saying since there usually isn't a problem, we shouldn't improve the design. That's fucking stupid. And it just so happens that Sunday is one of the only companies that puts thought into making their designs stronger, rather than just accepting the shitty industry standard.

|

9/7/2014 12:13 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Well, first off, integrated clamps don't clamp as well as separate clamps because they only pinch from behind, they don't ...more

any bikeguide member should know that integrated clamps are inferior im every way
in reality, ohian is correct, and gsport george confirmed basically exactly what he just said

|

9/7/2014 12:33 PM

Doesn't this all seem a little extreme?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/7/2014 12:34 PM

Why the fuck isn't ohian working for some big ass company in product design? Seems like he could produce/design some of the best in bmx.

|

9/7/2014 12:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Why the fuck isn't ohian working for some big ass company in product design? Seems like he could produce/design some of the ...more

I think it's his goal to after college.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/7/2014 12:49 PM

Stranger frame is awesome and 10" standover is awesome, too.

|

9/7/2014 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 12:52 PM

Ehh i think 12.5 SLAMMED isn't extreme. Odds are no matter what sprocket you have you wont actually have it slammed. If you get the Rearend at like 13. And thats just fine. Now you all know how i feel on headtubes. 75 is just right and anything more is a little excessive.

And a ten inch standover is way too much and longer headtubes are mentally retarded. I like spacers and if you buy cut forks youre fucked. Why not just make forks that dont have as long steerer tubes or stop worrying about that.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/7/2014 12:53 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ehh i think 12.5 SLAMMED isn't extreme. Odds are no matter what sprocket you have you wont actually have it slammed. If you ...more

honestly i wish more street frames were made with 74* headtubes, they feel sweet with a coaster imo
75.5* makes me want to vomit

|

9/7/2014 1:29 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Why the fuck isn't ohian working for some big ass company in product design? Seems like he could produce/design some of the ...more

Because while he knows alot about this shit he is still an asshole... companies don't like assholes....

|

9/7/2014 1:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

KrisnerBMX wrote:

Because while he knows alot about this shit he is still an asshole... companies don't like assholes....

plus i dont think he has a college degree

|

9/7/2014 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 1:36 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

I'm only an asshole on Vital because you guys are like the queens of butthurt and it's hilarious. I say Odyssey and you guys lose your shit every time.

Also, working for companies is overrated. smile

|

9/7/2014 1:41 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm only an asshole on Vital because you guys are like the queens of butthurt and it's hilarious. I say Odyssey and you guys ...more

Start your own company?

|

9/7/2014 1:49 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm only an asshole on Vital because you guys are like the queens of butthurt and it's hilarious. I say Odyssey and you guys ...more

KrisnerBMX wrote:

Start your own company?

too much investment

|

9/7/2014 1:52 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

too much investment

With that attitude yes.

|