Failure to innovate

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2014 8:07 PM

With interbike around the corner, ive been anxious to see all the new innovations coming our way. It had me thinking about all the past innovations that just never really worked out.

What are some parts that were meant to be innovative and either failed miserably or just never caught on?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/27/2014 8:11 PM

Sunday's "shaved headtube" that was designed to be a solution to denting your headtube to the point where the headset bearing seats were unusable, and if you dented the shaved headtube, you'd only have to replace your bearing. Was denting headtubes even that big an issue to begin with? haha probably why this never caught on and never went into production.

Photo

|

8/27/2014 8:20 PM

the 2hip groovetech system
failed miserably because not a lot of the current population of riders have ever heard of 2hip, and it wasnt adopted by major companies

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/28/2014 6:43 AM

48spline grips

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/28/2014 3:21 PM

Those straight inner tubes fly made never really kicked off

|

8/29/2014 7:57 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

48spline grips

Wat

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/29/2014 10:00 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

the 2hip groovetech system
failed miserably because not a lot of the current population of riders have ever heard of 2hip, and ...more

Sad.

2-hip has been around forever. That groovetech would do well IF another company adopted it as an option. The issue is it is only on 2hip stuff right now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/29/2014 10:04 AM

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

Those straight inner tubes fly made never really kicked off

They were intended (and are still around) for replacements without using more than a pump and tire lever.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/29/2014 4:38 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

48spline grips

So your grips are always lined up lol

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/29/2014 5:24 PM

Thread on barends.

I wish those caught on and more companies did it.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/29/2014 7:18 PM

how bout Deluxe's bar end extenders

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/29/2014 7:22 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

how bout Deluxe's bar end extenders

[LINK TO IMAGE]

i remember those. Couldnt remember who made them though. And m,y addition is wedge stems such as that eastern one and elementary. Nobody really strayed away from traditional 6 bolt

|

I'm on the vital legit list!