Fakie Grinds

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 4:23 PM

I was hoping for a little advice from those that have fakie grinds on lock. How did you learn them? Is it best to start off by coming into the grind already riding fakie, or just straight up 180 into it? They feel pretty alien but I can fakie comfortably for 20 meters or so and keep it pretty straight as well as fakie hop and half cab, so I do feel like it's something I should be able to get.

|

8/26/2018 4:42 PM

fooby wrote:

I was hoping for a little advice from those that have fakie grinds on lock. How did you learn them? Is it best to start off by coming into the grind already riding fakie, or just straight up 180 into it? They feel pretty alien but I can fakie comfortably for 20 meters or so and keep it pretty straight as well as fakie hop and half cab, so I do feel like it's something I should be able to get.

You can grind 60ft? Damn....

I can grind maybe 20ft on a good waxed ledge, feeble...

I have been toying with 180 feeble grinds. Most ive ever grinded backwards was about a foot. It feels super weird... I usually can 90-180 out but thatis a struggle still as well.

Id recommend something with angle iron super waxed.

I dont have enough fakie control to hop and grind backwards.

|

8/26/2018 4:43 PM

fooby wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I have been toying with 180 feeble grinds. Most ive ever grinded backwards was about a foot. It feels super weird... I usually can 90-180 out but thatis a struggle still as well.

He said he can fakie for 20 metres , a 60 foot grind would be pretty damn impressive

|

8/26/2018 4:48 PM

The hard part is not getting into them; it's getting out! wink

I've seen people learn both ways but I'd say try the fakie hop into them initially and then work on the 180 in.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 4:53 PM

fooby wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

He said he can fakie for 20 metres , a 60 foot grind would be pretty damn impressive

I wish I could grind for 20 meters grin

|

8/26/2018 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 5:32 PM

fooby wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Deleted comment due to intial lack of reading skills

|

8/26/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 5:32 PM

Deleted comment

|

8/26/2018 5:31 PM

Fakie...not grind

I cant beleive my brain refused to read that.

Sorry lol

|

8/26/2018 5:59 PM

180 before the grind and hop in when you're close to it , aiming for your front wheel is usually the best as if you miss your back peg you can still just hop off the bike ready. The trickiest part is consistently getting the fakie right before you hop , but once you're on I actually find it quite easy on ledges to stay on .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2018 6:57 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

The hard part is not getting into them; it's getting out! wink

I've seen people learn both ways but I'd say try the fakie hop into them initially and then work on the 180 in.

Definitely harder getting out lol I still can't spend out only fake hop then halfcab

|

8/26/2018 10:55 PM

Learn by riding at the ledge slowly at 90°, and doing stalls. Then gradually ride at more of an angle to the ledge. Once you've got the 180 into it, start going faster, they're hard to hop out of if you go slow/stop when you're grinding

|

8/27/2018 6:34 AM

Go Hella fast and 180 into them, You need speed to rollout.

|

8/27/2018 6:55 AM

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/27/2018 7:18 AM

The best way to learn fakie grind is just to start doing them. try a handful every session and before long you"ll have them figured out. The worst part by far is getting the spin out weather you do Indian or regular

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/27/2018 11:20 AM

I 180 into them, it's getting out that's the hard part but it sounds like you have going backwards down a little better than me.

I also like to double peg over feeble. At least for everywhere I seem to go. Can just never get going in a feeble. Maybe I'm not leaning over the bars enough? unsure

|

8/27/2018 11:55 AM

I think it's easiest to 180 into them.

I can't 180 out of them anymore so I usually just land fakie.

|

8/29/2018 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 12:28 PM

I do them both ways fakie hop into and 180 into them I find starting farther away from the ledge and carving a wider than normal works the best for me that way the 180 is slower and I'm not throwing myself on to the rail or ledge to fast. Hope this helps I'll try to post a Video of a 180 feeble to halfcab feeble I did a bit ago when I get off work

|

I believe in hub guard protection

8/29/2018 1:11 PM

dead goon wrote:

I 180 into them, it's getting out that's the hard part but it sounds like you have going backwards down a little better than me.

I also like to double peg over feeble. At least for everywhere I seem to go. Can just never get going in a feeble. Maybe I'm not leaning over the bars enough? unsure

It's weird but yeah, leaning up and over the front wheel does help stabilize a feeble a bit. Weirdly I noticed Big Boy doing one and realized the weight shift forward helps you slide and helps keep you kinda locked in. Weight off the back tends to make me slip off the ledge/rail.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 1:13 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

It's weird but yeah, leaning up and over the front wheel does help stabilize a feeble a bit. Weirdly I noticed Big Boy doing one and realized the weight shift forward helps you slide and helps keep you kinda locked in. Weight off the back tends to make me slip off the ledge/rail.

Yeah, I keep getting hung up, so leaning forward should reduce that but double pegs are just so fun!

|

8/29/2018 1:45 PM

dead goon wrote:

Yeah, I keep getting hung up, so leaning forward should reduce that but double pegs are just so fun!

Agreed. I love grinding. I have yet to try a fakie grind because I'm not able to ride that much. I'm only now starting to feel really comfortable with double pegs/feebles/beringer grinds on knee-height ledges.

My shoulder being ready to pop out if I land weird is really holding me back.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 1:48 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Agreed. I love grinding. I have yet to try a fakie grind because I'm not able to ride that much. I'm only now starting to feel really comfortable with double pegs/feebles/beringer grinds on knee-height ledges.

My shoulder being ready to pop out if I land weird is really holding me back.

Now my shoulder hurts laughing

|