Fakie Troubles

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2012 2:43 PM

I can 180, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to roll out of it. I can fakie, but can't see to even get my bike to roll back after 180ing... Help?

|

2/15/2012 2:52 PM

I noticed when I was learning I would land backwards and lean back alot which would make my front tire lift up and I wouldn't roll back at all I would pivot around. If that's your problem keep your weight On the bars more and you should fakie a little more controlled

|

2/15/2012 3:12 PM

I had this problem when learning I just applied more speed and didn't crank back at all just swung the fakie round and that's how I do it now people always say I've got flow in my style and I think that's why

|

2/15/2012 3:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2012 3:18 PM

alright you wanna have your feet like you started assuming you do it normally, like right foot forward and go out of it to the left, so yeah dont turn too hard, you should have your feet backwards when you are gonna stop turning your bars and turn on the back wheel, spin your (right foot if turning to the left) down and up to regular position while turning on the back wheel.
Edit: and lock up your pedals to keep the bike turning around

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/15/2012 3:33 PM

one more thing, lean back to get the fakie started then keep your head over the bars and keep a little loose

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/15/2012 5:53 PM

Okay, thanks guys! I'll try all of your tips tomorrow.

|

2/15/2012 5:59 PM

go faster and lean back.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

2/15/2012 6:17 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

go faster and lean back.

Aright.

|

2/15/2012 6:27 PM

I found it easy to figure out to get through 180 fakies through learning g-turns as kind've a gateway trick, after i got fakies out of g turns i had fakies and rollbacks out of 180s easier, i noticed leaning lightly to the side you roll back out of it'll help you pivot around for a half cab or a pivot or tire slider or whatever the hell you prefer.

|

2/15/2012 6:28 PM

ryanodavis wrote:

I found it easy to figure out to get through 180 fakies through learning g-turns as kind've a gateway trick, after i got fakies out of g turns i had fakies and rollbacks out of 180s easier, i noticed leaning lightly to the side you roll back out of it'll help you pivot around for a half cab or a pivot or tire slider or whatever the hell you prefer.

so what ever happened to that photoshop contest?

|

(bigddy56@gmail.com if you need anything)
REFS obiwan chromoly*_brendan*VAM999*Joe Green*louie101202*Night Light*ticaleb*phocraken*RiverSideRider*A08*andynahnah*Chuck8273*

2/15/2012 6:28 PM

ryanodavis wrote:

I found it easy to figure out to get through 180 fakies through learning g-turns as kind've a gateway trick, after i got fakies out of g turns i had fakies and rollbacks out of 180s easier, i noticed leaning lightly to the side you roll back out of it'll help you pivot around for a half cab or a pivot or tire slider or whatever the hell you prefer.

can you photoshop whilst fakie'ing?

|

2/15/2012 6:29 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

go faster and lean back.

agree on this. when you lean back, you are straightening your arms, which in turn will cause you to not twist your bars and buck you off, and just helps keep you stable. usually look to balancing yourself just over the rear tire. also, don't put too much pressure on the pedals. just relax the legs and let the bike do it's thing. once you get used to this, you can start working on pedaling backwards to make your fakies faster and do them for longer distances. it's a process, but you do this for a day, and you'll have it on lock-down, no problem.



or... become a freecoaster minion like me tongue

|

2/16/2012 8:55 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

go faster and lean back.

jesuslizard wrote:

agree on this. when you lean back, you are straightening your arms, which in turn will cause you to not twist your bars and buck you off, and just helps keep you stable. usually look to balancing yourself just over the rear tire. also, don't put too much pressure on the pedals. just relax the legs and let the bike do it's thing. once you get used to this, you can start working on pedaling backwards to make your fakies faster and do them for longer distances. it's a process, but you do this for a day, and you'll have it on lock-down, no problem.



or... become a freecoaster minion like me tongue

I can never straighten my arms, it kinda just messes me up. I have to straighten them to start it off but right after that i pull myself up, just works better for me like it feels more in control to be over the bike

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/16/2012 6:53 PM

ARRESTMEIRIDEBMX wrote:

I had this problem when learning I just applied more speed and didn't crank back at all just swung the fakie round and that's how I do it now people always say I've got flow in my style and I think that's why

this is exactly how i learned as well, at first i would go slow into it and barely have enough speed to roll out, but than i took them to a small bank which i would go really fast at so i wouldnt have to put alot of effort into the spin so i could focus on the fakie, this got me more comftorable going fast into 180's and now its like second nature, i think that learning them really fast makes them easier to dial later on than going slow

|

Been steering bars since febuary of 2010

2/16/2012 8:54 PM

Keiron ie. Keironw74 I think his sn is gave me the best rollout advice. When u turn the bars to roll out, flick them dont turn them. For me its flick bars left then turn right. It throws the weight and pulls u round. If u just turn the bars one way then the other its too slow and u lose momentum

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

2/16/2012 9:04 PM

thing that helped me the most was having your feet opposite when you are about to turn out of it, then fling your front foot back to normal and push with your foot to the way you're turning

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

2/17/2012 6:04 AM

ARRESTMEIRIDEBMX wrote:

I had this problem when learning I just applied more speed and didn't crank back at all just swung the fakie round and that's how I do it now people always say I've got flow in my style and I think that's why

CaptainSwagtastic wrote:

this is exactly how i learned as well, at first i would go slow into it and barely have enough speed to roll out, but than i took them to a small bank which i would go really fast at so i wouldnt have to put alot of effort into the spin so i could focus on the fakie, this got me more comftorable going fast into 180's and now its like second nature, i think that learning them really fast makes them easier to dial later on than going slow

True dat.

|

2/17/2012 6:48 AM

just lean back and turn your head

|

2/17/2012 12:30 PM

do it chicago style and turn the bars the way yo spin so you turn out of it right away and it looks dialed, No need to fackie ;p

|

...The ONLY thing skateboards are good for, is filming BMX edits...