Fakie question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2013 1:02 PM

I just started riding again and i'm relearning all the old tricks I was capable of doing. Yesterday I relearned fakies and whipping out of them but I realize that when I fakie I whip out to the right. But when I do 180s I spin to the left. Is this normal? Is this a pedal positioning thing?

I don't hop out of my fakies I pivot on the back tire and whip out.

|

7/24/2013 1:38 PM

IMO it only really matters when you Pivot out after a spin, as in I don't think it looks good fakieing the opposite way out to the 180. But usually the momentum spinning you your 180 way usually leads you to pivoting out the same way.

|

7/24/2013 2:28 PM

That's what i thought. I'll just work on whipping out to the left I guess.

|

7/24/2013 4:20 PM

When you said whipping out I thought you meant fakie tailwhip out, I guess that's a while off tho as your talking about Indians.

Sometimes it feels natural to Indian out but it won't help you in the long run & they look ugly so my suggestion is to learn switch 180s and learn to fakie out the right & left way, its what I did when I first started learning 180s cuz I was having the same issue as you, this way you get 2 tricks for the price of one.

Sounds like you could be a bit fuck footed but as long as your willing to learn things both ways it can be a major advantage, Learn everything regular & switch it the way to go bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/24/2013 7:04 PM

I don't think i'm fuck footed. I ride right foot forward and spin to the left and grind on the right. From what I've read that's normal. For some reason though faking and pulling to the right feels natural.

|

7/24/2013 7:13 PM

take advantage of it, learn how to half cab out Indian then mix it up with grind tricks

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/24/2013 7:19 PM

for oppo 180's i always do indian givers idk it just feels right.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149