Fakie roll out?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2018 2:47 AM

I can kinda do a fakie now, but i just can't roll out/half cab. Im not sure what im doing wrong, i either do a small manual to the side or just use pedal pressure. I want to be able either hop out of it or do a nice lift. Any tips or good video tutorials?

|

10/19/2018 4:02 AM

Go faster.
Check the how too section, I've gone quite deep into it a few times. There's lots of small steps that make up a fluid motion. Over rotating the 180 slightly will help, and speed is your friend

|

10/19/2018 4:16 AM

For me, I've found that it is just reps. The more I do fakies, the more my body realizes what it needs to do. I have landed probably 2 rollouts for every 100 times I've tried. When the fakie becomes easier for you, the rollout/half cab should fall in line pretty soon. Just keep it up!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

10/19/2018 4:23 AM

Just pedal back and turn and use pedal pressure to get out... half cabs will come after you can just rollout of it, half cabs on cassetted are kinda difficult imo.. I can do them on cassettes they're just sloppy like (at least they feel sloppy)

But really just practice dude.. I never really watched any how to videos to learn fakies... I just used common sense to get put of it.. I saw my friends do it and I just did what they did and it eventually just came lol

^^ That video is better to show how to 180, but that's me when I was riding a cassette, Just watch it and you can see how the whole 180 to roullout should work! Best if luck to you dude!smile
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/19/2018 5:08 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just pedal back and turn and use pedal pressure to get out... half cabs will come after you can just rollout of it, half cabs on cassetted are kinda difficult imo.. I can do them on cassettes they're just sloppy like (at least they feel sloppy)

But really just practice dude.. I never really watched any how to videos to learn fakies... I just used common sense to get put of it.. I saw my friends do it and I just did what they did and it eventually just came lol

^^ That video is better to show how to 180, but that's me when I was riding a cassette, Just watch it and you can see how the whole 180 to roullout should work! Best if luck to you dude!smile

I gotta say for me half cabs have been easier with a cassette, you can use the pedal pressure for the hop in a way.

To OP, without seeing any of your attempts I'd say listen to Steve and get a bit more speed. Also, something I've noticed with quite a few people is they try to lean to the way they are turning which makes the pivot very hard.

|

10/19/2018 5:49 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

I gotta say for me half cabs have been easier with a cassette, you can use the pedal pressure for the hop in a way.

To OP, without seeing any of your attempts I'd say listen to Steve and get a bit more speed. Also, something I've noticed with quite a few people is they try to lean to the way they are turning which makes the pivot very hard.

Really? Halfcabs on coasters are way easier for me.... Coaster just fits my style alot better though...

|

10/19/2018 8:29 AM

L E A N W I T I T R O C K W I T I T

|

10/19/2018 10:09 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Really? Halfcabs on coasters are way easier for me.... Coaster just fits my style alot better though...

Yeah for some reason they're easier for me, might be placebo but I feel like I can get the hop and spin initiated easier with a cassette. Needs more precise timing tho

|

10/19/2018 10:32 AM

Juan Miguel_Canlas wrote:

I can kinda do a fakie now, but i just can't roll out/half cab. Im not sure what im doing wrong, i either do a small manual to the side or just use pedal pressure. I want to be able either hop out of it or do a nice lift. Any tips or good video tutorials?

Bit more speed and as you start to want to go back to normal you just push with pedal pressure and pop the front end around. As in yank the front

|

10/19/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2018 10:55 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Yeah for some reason they're easier for me, might be placebo but I feel like I can get the hop and spin initiated easier with a cassette. Needs more precise timing tho

Hmm... weird. I don't do halfcabs often anyways lol

But coasters fit my style a little better...

|

10/19/2018 1:13 PM

I just grab a handfulla brake and turn my head. The 180 out us easier than the fakie for me.

|