Falling hurts :')

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2014 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2014 12:03 PM

Yes that's right i fell off my bike today and it hurt like a b**** so i'm wondering is there a proper way to bail or fall off your bike this might sound silly, but i just don't want to face-palm the ramp again tongue so yeah any advice would help alot oh and i'm enjoying riding my bmx! this is such a fun sport to get into spent most the day after school at the skate park with my friends smile

|

instagram: @TandosAwesome | Bike Check: N/A | Xbox gamertag: OS2 Tando

1/7/2014 12:04 PM

you have just started riding, there is no way we can tell you how to bail, the more you ride, the more bike control you get, the more you fall, the better you get at bailing, it's just practice, spending time on your bike is the key

|

1/7/2014 12:08 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

you have just started riding, there is no way we can tell you how to bail, the more you ride, the more bike control you get, the more you fall, the better you get at bailing, it's just practice, spending time on your bike is the key

aha alright tongue at least all i got was a bump on my forehead this time smile

|

1/7/2014 12:09 PM

Yeah you'll eventually learn how to bail properly. The pain is worth it.

|

1/7/2014 12:11 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah you'll eventually learn how to bail properly. The pain is worth it.

just going to wear a suit of armour next time! smile tongue

|

1/7/2014 12:29 PM

if youre bailing hard, you just make sure youre bike isn't gunna be under you and try and either run or roll outta it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/7/2014 12:32 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

if youre bailing hard, you just make sure youre bike isn't gunna be under you and try and either run or roll outta it

i think thats why i face-palmed the Ramp, i didn't roll over smile thanks dude!

|

1/7/2014 12:58 PM

Just keep riding. There will be falls. Your brain will have split second decisions and instinct will kick in. Everyone bails differently. I personally throw my bike as far as possible and try to land on my back and roll.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/7/2014 1:01 PM

i think the best way to do it would be to ball yourself up and try to roll. any arms or legs that are hanging away from your body are weakpoints. Of course, this is easier said than done.

|

1/7/2014 1:18 PM

Helmet, knee pads and shin guards.

You will love having them.

Get some.

But as to bailing safer, it kinda comes with experience. Just try things within your skill level. Basically, you just started, don't go trying flips or airing 29 feet.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/7/2014 1:23 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Helmet, knee pads and shin guards.

You will love having them.

Get some.

But as to bailing safer, it kinda comes with experience. Just try things within your skill level. Basically, you just started, don't go trying flips or airing 29 feet.

Loool i actually tried going up a ramp (it was a little damp) but then as the back rolled back the front wheel decided to slip and turn then it all went down hill from there... how embarrassing tongue

|

1/7/2014 1:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2014 2:13 PM

Tuck and roll. Saved me so many times.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/7/2014 1:49 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Tuck and roll. Saved me so many times.

Might try this tongue

|

1/7/2014 1:54 PM

Just keep riding, you'll figure out what is easiest and suits you best. I try to jump off and keep my bike relatively near me if it's not too risky. If it is I'll just ditch the bike

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/7/2014 3:51 PM

been riding over two years and still can't bail properly. I land on my hands and face with an instant stop. haha

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/7/2014 4:15 PM

off topic: i just checked your instagram and i saw that photo with the pegs, don't use those for grinding, you will bend your axle

|

1/7/2014 4:41 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

been riding over two years and still can't bail properly. I land on my hands and face with an instant stop. haha

this haah.. i thought i had bailing down pretty well then i started trying hang fives. those are not fun to fall on.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/7/2014 5:32 PM

Yeah.. Screw-on pegs are the worst. I mean, just ride pegless for a while unless you can stand trying and doing grinds.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/7/2014 6:04 PM

As long as you're learning from it. Falling without knowing what you did burns, but falling because you cocked up and learning from it, thats progression.

|

1/7/2014 6:35 PM

I find that by the time you realize your falling , you already fell. It's scary but actually falling isn't that bad , it's just being scared,

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 6:39 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

^^^ Yup.. Although ill completly destroy myself on occasion insteead of little shit all the time

|