Fastplants/footplants with the wrong foot?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2018 7:10 AM

Hey guys. I was wondering if it is normal for me to do footplants/fastplants with my left foot even though I'm right foot forward, spin to the left and grind on the right. I see Billy Perry and all these other dudes doing it with their forward foot but my left foot (back foot) just feels more natural to kick away from

|

10/6/2018 7:34 AM

I don't think it matters too much so long as you can actually get that bike up but how exactly are you doing it while keeping your foot on the forward crank? I can imagine you've figured that out but I'm having trouble thinking of it since your crank can't snap down for stability like a back crank would.

|

10/6/2018 8:09 AM

I do them with my back foot too. For some things it's easier, but I'd like to learn them with my front foot for other tricks. Using your back foot isn't wrong though

|

10/6/2018 8:34 AM

Sounds like the regular foot to me , right foot forward spin left , right foot forward footplant left , I think forward foot doing the foot plant would look goofy

|

10/6/2018 8:45 AM

I just started messing around with them and I can't get the bike up very high yet. I am RFF and naturally tried with my left foot. It works, I cant tell if its the best way just yet though.

I will continue trying to improve them.

|

10/6/2018 8:48 AM

I fast plant with my right foot im LFF

|

10/6/2018 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2018 9:00 AM

I do it with the front foot, easier for me to keep the other foot on the pedal that way. Only challenge so far has been that for footplant 180's I gotta spin oppo but it's not too hard. Either way is probably fine, not sure if there's a right and wrong way with footplants

|

10/6/2018 4:16 PM

is that not how you're supposed to do them ?

that should be proper cause typically if you're right foot forward you spin left, and left foot forward you spin right... so if you're right foot forward and go up to fast plant a quarter or something then you're spinning to the left when you go up it then back down... as opposed to doing your opposite spin

|

10/6/2018 8:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

is that not how you're supposed to do them ?

that should be proper cause typically if you're right foot forward you spin ...more

I use this to my advantage. If I wanna regular 180 I do it one way but can rotate the other way with a footplant. Makes riding a halfpipe way more interesting

|

10/8/2018 1:34 AM

I'm RFF and use my left, makes sense to me.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.