Fat tire or not

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2018 1:24 AM

Newbie looking at getting into bmx. Fat tire or not.. I'm 250 lbs dunno if that makes s difference

|

3/8/2018 2:41 AM

Yeah big tyres will be nice for you, go for 2.25" or 2.4" tyres, both size will give you the cushion benefits of big tyres, then it's up to personnal preference.
Tyre size changes the handling and overall bike feeling, weight, drag during grinds, manuals, easier rail rides.... but it's really detail start with what you have, most complete bikes will come with big tyres these days if you are starting.

|

3/8/2018 4:27 AM

Joshua_Calimag Sr. wrote:

Newbie looking at getting into bmx. Fat tire or not.. I'm 250 lbs dunno if that makes s difference

Fat tire...

Do you mean this?

https://www.ebay.com/i/122305279356?chn=ps

Or

Something like this:

https://www.eriksbikeshop.com/Fit-Bike-Co-2018-Dugan-BMX-Bike/PR3E11814/Product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplpEK3E59386&sc_intid=EK3E59386&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_Nywk9zc2QIVxSWBCh1MWQ7eEAQYBCABEgKF5_D_BwE

If it's the former.... no.

If it's the latter, yeah, that'd be fine. But I'd be sure you get a tire capable of higher pressures (up to 100-110 psi) so you can "fine tune" to your riding preference.

|

3/8/2018 10:20 AM

Not to be a dick, but losing weight helps a lot.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/8/2018 10:53 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

That's where the bike comes in for some. I've only had my bike for few weeks and I have already lost 8 lbs!

|

3/8/2018 10:59 AM

Lucid Focks wrote:

That's where the bike comes in for some. I've only had my bike for few weeks and I have already lost 8 lbs!

Oh, absolutely. BMX is also one of the very few activities that can help you lose weight and actually be enjoyable too.

I used to be over 300lbs and now I'm down to 215, but the impetus to change came when I googled "how to dress nice when you're fat" The first piece of advice? Lose weight, haha.

Either way, lighter is better.

|

3/8/2018 1:26 PM

I think fat tires suck, and I'd personally never ride anything over 2.1. it's all personal preference but a nice 2.25 should be the best of both worlds.

|

3/8/2018 3:49 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Not to be a dick but no Shit.. Why do u think I'm wanting to do this...

|

3/8/2018 3:57 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Lol...

|

3/8/2018 4:49 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Good! I’m honestly not condescending. It’s hard as fuck to lose weight, and really fun and REALLY easy to gain it.

I’m not the kind of guy to pull the ladder up behind me, I’m more of the kind of guy to yell at other guys and tell them if I can do it, anyone can.

Either way, no matter how much weight i’ve lost physically, I’m mentally fat for life. If you need any tips, don’t hesitate to ask.

|