Favorite parts

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2017 1:49 PM

What are some of your favorite parts and why?
Like me, I've stuck with Odyssey wheels most of my life because of the sheer strength and light wieght. I love Maxxis tire for their grip and quality. Just got some 2.3 Grifters and I'm in love.

|

4/15/2017 2:20 PM

Animal glh for the thickness and how long they last
Scerbo bars because they look cool and feel perfect
Bonedeth 48h cassette wheel because i never worry about it breaking
Fbm gypsy frame because fbm is badass

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/15/2017 2:41 PM

My frame, because it's perfect (but that's what you'd expect from a custom). I don't think I'd ever use anything other than profile hubs and cranks. My fbm u.s apes are the nicest feeling bars I can find, every time I try something else I always go back to them. Fbm nice pedals because they've easily lasted longer than any other pedals I've had. I keep going back to my fbm throne seat too, it's just got a really nice shape to it and looks cool. Fit faf's 2.25, I'll have to pick up another pair soon before they all disappear. And odi longnecks are definitely the best grips ever made. I've got animal Edwin grips now and they fill with sweat easier. My longnecks are second hand and about 3 years old and haven't worn down.

I'm really stoked on my rims, alienation felon. Cool design that works. Haven't even needed to tension my spokes since building them about a year ago.

Although to be honest, I love every part of my bike, apart from maybe the sprocket? But it does its job so it'll do

|

4/15/2017 3:43 PM

definitely my whole drivetrain and brake
demolition trooper pc pedals - wide and very grippy
profile classic 19 mm cranks - light, clean, ankle friendly + lifetime warranty
primo solid sprocket - looks sickkk

odyssey monolever, slic cable and springfield brake - works perfectly, easy to install

|

4/15/2017 4:35 PM

snafu,dont know why tho

|

4/15/2017 4:49 PM

Got some 2.5 ak tires and they're sweet. Looking to get something else though. I like the look of the fly fuego tires and if you have seen Devon ride irl he is a monster Manuel lines for days. They also inflate to 2.5 so that's a plus for me.

My fit high top stem is special because it is my first top load stem and it just feels so good every time I swap it out I eventually go back to it.

My gsport wheels are bomb proof for me. Simian to birdcage front and clutch v1 to birdcage rear. Best rims out there.

|

4/15/2017 5:01 PM

Animal Akimbo cranks in 165mm because they feel sick as fuck , look amazing , and have a simple yet strong design . No gimmicks , no bullshit , you get a good product . And the packaging , oh my god it's like a Christmas present feeling . Animal is sick .

Another huge thing is having the S&M Bonesaw , it's cool to have a frame only released in Canada that supports a Canadian rider Issac Barnes ( who's somewhat local to me ) . S&M make quality stuff , and 1664 holds it down here , so having a collaboration frame between the 2 is something incredible and means a ton to me to ride , instead of a frame that I bought just for the colour or something. I think there's only 50 made to the public , I'm like 90% certain I got #5 . Plus Issac signed and gave me some wax , stickers , and note which adds to it ! Shoutout to everyone involved .

I enjoy all parts of my bike to be honest.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/15/2017 5:56 PM

Anything on my current build, I only ride parts I like. If I buy something I don't like, I'll just swap it out for something I do like and give the other one to a friend if they need it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/15/2017 11:39 PM

Listing only parts that I have bought multiples of because I like them so much

1. Odyssey sr. pivotal pc seat-perfect shape, durable and light, no cover to get ripped off, has hand grip underneath (flatland tricks)
2. Monster pedals-made by redline, lightest pedals you can get, low profile, very durable
3. Madera top load-great stem, never slips, super light
4. Primo Comet tires-roll forever and hold 140 psi. 'nuff said
5. Odyssey headsets-i like the bearings and overall fit/finish of the odyssey headsets. maybe their bearings are made in another factory?
6. Tree pegs-the best. super light and last forever

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
Reklamation Bikes (Colorado)
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 6:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2017 2:31 PM

My whole bike is dialed, so every part matters in the build but some of them are a bit special tho

1. Shadow killer crank, this crank feels stiff, I guess because of this rectangle shape arms, it help a bit on crank arm grinds, I don't know how to do them on rails but it feels so cool on curbs, another feature that stand out from many other cranks is that the bolt is well protected by a thick layer of steel (so cool for cranks on curbs, with an older crank the bolt was stuck onto the crank on my grind side, making it like a 2 piece crank).
It's also the first short crank I try at 170, it feels cool to have feet closer to put pressure on the BB on manuals and spinning feels more solid, also cooler for my knees when pedaling long distances.

2. BSD donnasqueak tyres, I ride them since years, best tyre ever to me, my bike wouldn't be the same without them.

3. BSD safari pedals, decently wide and with many pins, these are grippy and last long, i love them.

4. Shadow raptor (v2 ?) front hub, nothing special from any other hub except of main thing, the two perfectly shaped steel press fit guards that goes with it.

5. Shadow truss rim, I'm kind of hard on my back wheels and gone trough many rims, I'm only riding this one since a few month but it stays nice and true, it feels solid (thanks to the inline spokes). I'll probably get another one for front some day.

6. Eclat bruno grips, I love long, thin and durable classic vertical pattern, I found my perfect grip there.

7. And of course my 21.4" BSD safari frame, tall up front, short in the back just feels perfect. I finally get used to that high BB and the high standover add so much air stability, it also makes my bike look cooler than with a lower one because I like a high seat. I also like the tall headtube, I ride my stem nearly slammed with only a 2 mm spacer, way better than with a spacer tower, as much for look than strenght.

And I'll stop here or I'll end up doing a bike check.

|

4/16/2017 7:34 AM

Powerbite cranks. Mmmm...

|

4/16/2017 11:33 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

What are some of your favorite parts and why?
Like me, I've stuck with Odyssey wheels most of my life because of the sheer strength and light wieght. I love Maxxis tire for their grip and quality. Just got some 2.3 Grifters and I'm in love.

odyssey makes some of the best rims/hubs in the biz. They revolutionized the industry when the haz lights came out like 15 years ago! I know bc I got a set right when they were released--bombproof!

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 11:34 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Animal glh for the thickness and how long they last
Scerbo bars because they look cool and feel perfect
Bonedeth 48h cassette wheel because i never worry about it breaking
Fbm gypsy frame because fbm is badass

had the GLH and yeah they last forever! Great design for sidewall protection on grinds

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 11:36 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

Got some 2.5 ak tires and they're sweet. Looking to get something else though. I like the look of the fly fuego tires and if you have seen Devon ride irl he is a monster Manuel lines for days. They also inflate to 2.5 so that's a plus for me.

My fit high top stem is special because it is my first top load stem and it just feels so good every time I swap it out I eventually go back to it.

My gsport wheels are bomb proof for me. Simian to birdcage front and clutch v1 to birdcage rear. Best rims out there.

Nice on the birdcage rims I ran them for years but never liked how the rim would deform around the nipples

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 11:39 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

My frame, because it's perfect (but that's what you'd expect from a custom). I don't think I'd ever use anything other than profile hubs and cranks. My fbm u.s apes are the nicest feeling bars I can find, every time I try something else I always go back to them. Fbm nice pedals because they've easily lasted longer than any other pedals I've had. I keep going back to my fbm throne seat too, it's just got a really nice shape to it and looks cool. Fit faf's 2.25, I'll have to pick up another pair soon before they all disappear. And odi longnecks are definitely the best grips ever made. I've got animal Edwin grips now and they fill with sweat easier. My longnecks are second hand and about 3 years old and haven't worn down.

I'm really stoked on my rims, alienation felon. Cool design that works. Haven't even needed to tension my spokes since building them about a year ago.

Although to be honest, I love every part of my bike, apart from maybe the sprocket? But it does its job so it'll do

kick ass you support FBM getting their bars

Huge fan of the longnecks but always found their soft compound grips too short. I transitioned to the S&M grips (hoders) bc they're still ODI soft compound but longer

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 11:55 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Animal Akimbo cranks in 165mm because they feel sick as fuck , look amazing , and have a simple yet strong design . No gimmicks , no bullshit , you get a good product . And the packaging , oh my god it's like a Christmas present feeling . Animal is sick .

Another huge thing is having the S&M Bonesaw , it's cool to have a frame only released in Canada that supports a Canadian rider Issac Barnes ( who's somewhat local to me ) . S&M make quality stuff , and 1664 holds it down here , so having a collaboration frame between the 2 is something incredible and means a ton to me to ride , instead of a frame that I bought just for the colour or something. I think there's only 50 made to the public , I'm like 90% certain I got #5 . Plus Issac signed and gave me some wax , stickers , and note which adds to it ! Shoutout to everyone involved .

I enjoy all parts of my bike to be honest.

saw the animal crank vid, packaging looked dope

Nice frame just looked it up! Did you get the black or clear?

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
London Bikes (Texas)

4/16/2017 12:10 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Metalbmxer wrote:

kick ass you support FBM getting their bars

Huge fan of the longnecks but always found their soft compound grips too short. I transitioned to the S&M grips (hoders) bc they're still ODI soft compound but longer

I've got loads of fbm bits, my frames a custom fbm. And I've been after their cb4k's for ages but we didn't get any in the UK so I'm toying with the idea of getting some shipped from empire

|

4/16/2017 12:11 PM

My T1 barcode frame as it's almost 16 years old and still as good as new and my profile imperial sprocket....i really like anything BSD as well.

|

4/16/2017 7:09 PM

I wish proper would have kept making the magnati hub , I loved mine magnesium hub shell with a titanium axle and titanium driver modded to have 6 pawls , the magnesium hub shell was a cool idea

|

4/17/2017 6:48 AM

Know its kinda boring but Profile column bb is the only bb Ill ever buy. Pricy but they look nice as hell and the spacing is always perfect so I never need to add spacers. Also really anything by FBM.

|

4/17/2017 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2017 1:41 PM

S&M Perfect 10 handlebars
Super tall and comfy for me and I have lots of control with them.

Maxxis tire, any Maxxis tire
Best tires for me, period. Slim, low-profile, high PSI rating, really parky and nimble.

ODI Longneck grips
Running stretched for the past three years because, when they are stretched and soft, they last really long and I'm in love with them. I'll run them forever unless I find better for me.

Sunday Freeze topload stem
Inexpensive, never slips, and, IMO, looks fantastic.
|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

4/17/2017 1:45 PM

By default my Shadow Topload stem from 2006ish. STILL going strong.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/17/2017 1:52 PM

Oh I'll second the maxxis props. Holy rollers are by far the best street/ dirt tire out there.

|

4/17/2017 2:50 PM

I like the bsd safari seat, fat all the way but I also am a fan of all black, except silver chain stem and chocolate tyres which is soon to be my bike

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

4/17/2017 3:11 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Oh I'll second the maxxis props. Holy rollers are by far the best street/ dirt tire out there.

The holy rollers I had were AWFUL on street.

Too much knob. They killed it on loose dirt though. They were ok on hard packed dirt.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/17/2017 4:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The holy rollers I had were AWFUL on street.

Too much knob. They killed it on loose dirt though. They were ok on hard packed dirt.

Definitely agree here.

They are rather... unholy on concrete and street, IMO. But on dirt to loose dusty stuff, ohhhh yeah. Like a dream.

Every tire can be good as long as it's ridden how it's designed to be ridden.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

4/18/2017 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 5:11 PM

My LIFE? Stems! Got 2 of them! Also my lairdframe and my alex supra-e rims laced to bonedeth hubs! Bomb proof! And profile blackjack sprocket. My whole laird build basically
|

brakeless maniac

4/18/2017 5:18 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Yeah man, got the same wheel set up as you but I've got a Shadow Conspiracy cassette rear hub! How has it been holding up for you?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/18/2017 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 5:22 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/18/2017 5:25 PM

My zipties that hold my brake cables. Cheapest thing to replace.

|