Fbm hardway

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2016 11:14 AM

Found a crack in my frame today. Haven't got a clue how long it's been there as the frame's 8 years old and at least 3rd hand. I don't have a clue how much abuse it went through in the past, apart from a big dent in the toptube.

Anyway. I found a shop online selling the fbm hardway for £60 less than anywhere else, and they offer 0% finance so I pulled the trigger. I should have it here by Tuesday or Wednesday. Only bad thing is it was only available in trans gold which I'm not a huge fan of. Chances are it'll be raw before long.

It's all left me in a bit of a weird mood. I'm disappointed a frame that I really liked is cracked. But I'm over the moon I'll have a new frame. I'm also excited to try a frame with such extreme geometry compared to what I'm used to. Although worried I'll hate it. It should suit my riding style though.

True story.

|

4/1/2016 11:17 AM

The only advice I have is don't be like some locals around me who get a new part or frame and ride it for 37 seconds and have it up for sale super quick. Give it a little time (which I'm sure you will) to get used to.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/1/2016 11:47 AM

This was completely unexpected, I can't afford to sell it on even if I hate it! I wouldn't get anywhere near what it's worth, and there's nothing else on the market that really takes my fancy anyway. I'd like a stable frame for trails and bowls, but I don't get the chance to ride them. All I do is nibbley street so I'm sure it'll be perfect really.

I can't say how long it'll take before the paint stripper comes out though....

|

4/1/2016 12:07 PM

Post pics when you get it man

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/1/2016 12:14 PM

Strip it before you build it! It's a liberating feeling.

|

4/1/2016 12:51 PM

FBM will be sick , I wouldn't be too concerned

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/1/2016 1:11 PM

7plymaple wrote:

Strip it before you build it! It's a liberating feeling.

Very tempting. I rawed my forks 2 day's after I got them, and a pair of bars before I put them on once. I love a bit of raw.

I've just taken some measurements of my old frame and it looks like I'll be able to take half a link out of my chain, and the bb will be about 4mm at most higher (royale with cheese, I don't do inches very well), so not much of a difference anyway. The main difference is ha, which shouldn't have a massive impact either. I'm quite excited! Apart from being even poorer

|