Fbm stop making frames

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2019 6:10 PM

So rumors that fbm will not be making frames anymore. Kinda sad to here if it's true as I was planning on another custom fbm frame build.

|

brakeless maniac

12/27/2019 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2019 8:08 PM

S&M hasn’t made custom frames in a year I bet. I expect they might again someday. Hate to see FBM fade if that’s what’s happening.

|

12/27/2019 10:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/27/2019 10:22 PM

Why don't you send FBM an email to see if it's true? lol

I'm pretty sure S&M stopped doing customs to focus more on production frames... Maybe FBM is going to do the same?

*Edit: Nvm, their website says "out of stock" under custom frames...

|

12/28/2019 2:09 AM

Rumor is they are not making any frames at all. Going to focus on parts and other things.

|

brakeless maniac

12/28/2019 5:10 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Why don't you send FBM an email to see if it's true? lol

I'm pretty sure S&M stopped doing customs to focus more on production frames... Maybe FBM is going to do the same?

*Edit: Nvm, their website says "out of stock" under custom frames...

Production is the reason as far as S&M goes. I have an email from S&M dated March that they hope to have custom frames available again by April. That was eight months ago. I think what started as a delay for stock production has turned into something else. Regardless, FBM without frames, custom or otherwise, begins the slide towards oblivion. In my humble opinion.

|

12/28/2019 8:22 AM

Where are you hearing this because it doesn't really make any sense...

|

12/28/2019 10:08 AM

I’m not the OP and I haven’t heard any rumors, but, since I was shopping custom frames awhile back I did notice they (FBM) were not accepting custom orders for whatever reason. This was a couple of months ago.

|

12/28/2019 11:14 AM

I heard the same rumour on a FB group. I thought it was just 22" frames though.

|

12/28/2019 11:31 AM

Please change the title of this thread to: FBM, please don't stop making frames.

|

12/28/2019 12:52 PM

I can’t imagine Crandall wants to live in a bus and co own fbm forever , and that other guy who co owns it with him probably doesn’t want to own a bike company forever either , maybe they’re selling the company , that would be a smart business maneuver to make a company and then sell it for a profit , mat Hoffman doesn’t even own Hoffman bikes

|

12/28/2019 2:34 PM

They have been doing frames in batches for a bit now. In other words, they’d only do a batch of Steadfasts, then a batch of Paradigms, etc.

Now the guy who was welding for them has left and is supposedly starting his own BMX company.

FBM has been through worse so I’m very hopeful that they will make a comeback like they always do, but only time and supportive customers will tell.

It is a shame though that there hasn’t been a public announcement about what has happened, but I suppose it’s none of anyone’s business anyways!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/29/2019 9:34 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I can’t imagine Crandall wants to live in a bus and co own fbm forever , and that other guy who co owns it with him probably doesn’t want to own a bike company forever either , maybe they’re selling the company , that would be a smart business maneuver to make a company and then sell it for a profit , mat Hoffman doesn’t even own Hoffman bikes

This is the rumor I've heard.

Basically Crandall wants to step away from the company for a bit, as running that and doing all his community efforts is a little tough.

|

Patient 0 of the Modelovirus

12/29/2019 10:06 PM

As long as Standard keeps making frames we’re good

|

fack off

12/30/2019 2:22 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Got me a custom sta500 on order!

|

brakeless maniac

12/30/2019 3:15 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Joe_Martinez wrote:

Got me a custom sta500 on order!

How much for does it run for a custom?

|

12/31/2019 9:01 AM

I heard the same thing. and I've got a custom Standard Resinator on order

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

12/31/2019 9:13 AM

Furyus George wrote:

S&M hasn’t made custom frames in a year I bet. I expect they might again someday. Hate to see FBM fade if that’s what’s happening.

S/m-fit doesn’t need to make customs because they offer more options than any other manufacturer....

|