Federal Bruno vs Cult Butter

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2013 10:37 AM

I'm about to get a new frame and I'm stuck choosing between these 2.. I just want an opinion which one do you think and better and why.. Thanks

|

5/30/2013 10:43 AM

I haven't seen either one cracked or broken yet. But I hate the federal warranty. It's only 90 days against defects and no other coverage or at least that's what the site says.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/30/2013 10:47 AM

tbh, i would go with a sunday, amazing warranty and super strong

|

Bruh

5/30/2013 11:21 AM

tomdon wrote:

I haven't seen either one cracked or broken yet. But I hate the federal warranty. It's only 90 days against defects and no other coverage or at least that's what the site says.

I live near the federal 'hq' their about to change my frame after I had for 2 years so that's not a problem

|

5/30/2013 11:29 AM

tomdon wrote:

I haven't seen either one cracked or broken yet. But I hate the federal warranty. It's only 90 days against defects and no other coverage or at least that's what the site says.

florinbmx wrote:

I live near the federal 'hq' their about to change my frame after I had for 2 years so that's not a problem

Well that first bit's not true, Federal are based in Hastings in the UK.

|

5/30/2013 12:12 PM

tomdon wrote:

I haven't seen either one cracked or broken yet. But I hate the federal warranty. It's only 90 days against defects and no other coverage or at least that's what the site says.

florinbmx wrote:

I live near the federal 'hq' their about to change my frame after I had for 2 years so that's not a problem

BMX_Forever wrote:

Well that first bit's not true, Federal are based in Hastings in the UK.

I live in hastings,uk... I moved here last year

|

5/30/2013 12:30 PM

tomdon wrote:

I haven't seen either one cracked or broken yet. But I hate the federal warranty. It's only 90 days against defects and no other coverage or at least that's what the site says.

florinbmx wrote:

I live near the federal 'hq' their about to change my frame after I had for 2 years so that's not a problem

Well if warranty is no problem then flip a coin

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/30/2013 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2013 12:35 PM

i'd say federal as cult can be seen by others as dodgy and the federal is ridden by bruno hoffman

|

Bruh

5/30/2013 1:16 PM

TBH, if you can get a hook up from Federal if anything was to go wrong then i would recommend the Federal. I think they're a much better company image wise. However the Butter frame is one of my favorite riders signature frames, it has decent specs & the seller for me is its brakeless. I CANNOT STAND removable mounts!!

|

5/30/2013 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2013 1:22 PM

inb4 that illuminati retard comes in here with a 3 paragraph statement on how Cult is gay because he's a butthurt 12 year old faggot.

|

5/30/2013 1:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

TBH, if you can get a hook up from Federal if anything was to go wrong then i would recommend the Federal. I think they're a much better company image wise. However the Butter frame is one of my favorite riders signature frames, it has decent specs & the seller for me is its brakeless. I CANNOT STAND removable mounts!!

Removable Brake Mounts are pretty crap for Brakes, but is there really a problem when you're Brakeless?

|

5/30/2013 2:05 PM

I just hate how they look.. As you mentioned they suck for brakes so why use them? There was NOTHING wrong with Welded mounts in fact they are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better & then brakeless for brakeless. If they know the majority of riders wont run brakes then don't fucking use them on your frames!! Do a small batch of welded mounts for the people that want brakes & then Brakeless for those who don't want Shitty God Damned Removable Brake Mounts!!! (The last bit with the capitol letters at the start should obviously be spoken in a Cartman voice)

|

5/30/2013 3:20 PM

i think they do that because some people go back and forth, or change their mind, however, even though i'm brakeless until my cable comes in, brakes rule!

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/30/2013 3:21 PM

Topsey wrote:

I just hate how they look.. As you mentioned they suck for brakes so why use them? There was NOTHING wrong with Welded mounts in fact they are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better & then brakeless for brakeless. If they know the majority of riders wont run brakes then don't fucking use them on your frames!! Do a small batch of welded mounts for the people that want brakes & then Brakeless for those who don't want Shitty God Damned Removable Brake Mounts!!! (The last bit with the capitol letters at the start should obviously be spoken in a Cartman voice)

what about people that are brakeless the majority of the time but if they ride trails they want a brake on?

|

5/30/2013 5:44 PM

Georgee wrote:

what about people that are brakeless the majority of the time but if they ride trails they want a brake on?

12 year old faggots get butthurt about having brake mounts "ruining" the look of their bike. Pretty sure brake performance is more important than how your bike looks.

Removable brake mounts are horrid.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/30/2013 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2013 6:32 PM

Yup as Ohian said. Brake performance is waaaaay more important than the "look" of your bike. You want to ride Trails once in a while have two frames. The Majority of people spend serious money on their bikes with Titanium Bolts, Spokes, Spindles, Axles etc. Buy a second Frame. One with Welded mounts for Trails one Brakeless for everything else. I used to ride Street on a T-1 Barcode with welded mounts! No brakes probably 10 months of the year & then i'd slap a brake on when i wanted to try riding park or dirt. Being Brakeless with welded mounts is no biggy! However if you ride Brakeless 100% of the time that is why there should be a Brakeless option! No need for mounts don't have them welded or removable. Removables are shit compared to welded & when you have them & will never ride a brake are A. Pointless & B. The Majority of them look HIDEOUS!

HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!!

|

5/30/2013 6:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

12 year old faggots get butthurt about having brake mounts "ruining" the look of their bike. Pretty sure brake performance is more important than how your bike looks.

Removable brake mounts are horrid.

This.


I don't ride brakes myself so I don't need/want welded brake mounts at all, BUT I like the fact that my frame has removable mounts just in case I get stopped by a cop and he cites me for no brakes. All I have to do then is put them on within a week or so and show the cop that they work and stuff. If I wanted brakes, I'd for sure take the welded option. Much stronger & reliable.

|

5/30/2013 6:41 PM

dont get cult they are they iluminiarte

|

Photobucket

5/30/2013 6:51 PM

Company's should just do welded mounts on all frames. They aren't abit deal to be honest and the people that get all but hurt over them not looking clean really need to get a life

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/30/2013 7:16 PM

Sorry to be the douchse, but I hate the look of welded mounts when brainless. It makes it look cheap and kinda shitty and like a Wally bike. Hate on me if you want, but unless I'm running brakes full time I don't want welded mounts. I see your side too, welded is WAYYY stronger. I think a majority of frames should just be brake less and the frame manufacturer should just put out out some of them with welded mounts every now and then. Also it wouldn't hurt if they just put welded mounts on all trail frames and such to narrow it down a bit more I mean come on, no one is riding brainless street with at 74 ht 14.5 cs's. just not happening.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/30/2013 8:20 PM

Who cares about brake mounts? Jeez

Get a Federal because Bruno rips shit up and goes big. Federal is dope.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/30/2013 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2013 8:26 PM

Topsey wrote:

Yup as Ohian said. Brake performance is waaaaay more important than the "look" of your bike. You want to ride Trails once in a while have two frames. The Majority of people spend serious money on their bikes with Titanium Bolts, Spokes, Spindles, Axles etc. Buy a second Frame. One with Welded mounts for Trails one Brakeless for everything else. I used to ride Street on a T-1 Barcode with welded mounts! No brakes probably 10 months of the year & then i'd slap a brake on when i wanted to try riding park or dirt. Being Brakeless with welded mounts is no biggy! However if you ride Brakeless 100% of the time that is why there should be a Brakeless option! No need for mounts don't have them welded or removable. Removables are shit compared to welded & when you have them & will never ride a brake are A. Pointless & B. The Majority of them look HIDEOUS!

HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!!

Right. The only reason I don't have a frame with welded brake mounts is because most of them are trail-oriented and I want a more responsive frame, but I don't have the money for a custom.

Honestly I think removable mounts look worse than welded mounts.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/31/2013 11:57 AM

you are all so helpful.. if you could give an actual advice and stop chatting shit about brake mounts and stuff it'd be great.. Thank you

|

5/31/2013 12:06 PM

Flip a coin.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/31/2013 5:03 PM

florinbmx wrote:

you are all so helpful.. if you could give an actual advice and stop chatting shit about brake mounts and stuff it'd be great.. Thank you

Learn to type English "give an advice" ha

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/31/2013 5:28 PM

I would get the federal out of the 2. But I ride brakes so......ya. However, I think my next frame will by a bonedeth bstrd. It looks badass! Love the dropouts.

|

Villain'll hold a bike like he's mean and his tummy hurt
In a clean pair, ripped jeans and a bummy shirt

6/1/2013 5:23 AM

If you live near federal head quarters its a no brainier to get the federal!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/1/2013 6:25 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

tbh, i would go with a sunday, amazing warranty and super strong

This for sure

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/6/2013 1:59 PM

florinbmx wrote:

you are all so helpful.. if you could give an actual advice and stop chatting shit about brake mounts and stuff it'd be great.. Thank you

Gump wrote:

Learn to type English "give an advice" ha

I don't know what are you on about.. anyway the topic is closed I got the bruno... thanks to everyone that tried to help me

|