Federal V3 coaster being weird..

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2015 11:19 AM

I have it set up from factory, max slack. It takes a 1/4 crank turn to engage and i'm fine with it, However recently every now and then it can do a half turn before it engages which is weird and then of course my knee gets all touchy feely with the stem.
any ideas as to what it may be so when I take it apart i know what to look for or whatever...

|

Bruh

10/4/2015 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2015 12:53 PM

Clutch worn probably but I don't fuck with coasters anymore

Maybe even not enough grease so it's not disengaging properly or who knows

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/4/2015 1:12 PM

i'm just hoping that grease will do it tbf... I can't afford to fix it right now after i put my car in a ditch.....

|

Bruh

10/4/2015 9:19 PM

Clutch is probably worn and you probably need a new axle because of the little ball tensioners.

It sucks though. Get a Gsport ratchet. Coasters are weak. Or a Clutch coaster if you have the $$

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/4/2015 9:44 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Clutch is probably worn and you probably need a new axle because of the little ball tensioners.

It sucks though. Get a Gsport ratchet. Coasters are weak. Or a Clutch coaster if you have the $$

Not all coasters are weak, my Zcoaster is amazing to ride. Cost me a lot with all the upgrades but so worth it. Shame people had problems with their Blind hub, mine still works perfectly. Ratchets are awesome, still have one I just cant seem to sell but Id wait on buying one. Once the new one , should it ever come out, everything on a Ratchet will be so hard to replace.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/5/2015 8:56 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

Not all coasters are weak, my Zcoaster is amazing to ride. Cost me a lot with all the upgrades but so worth it. Shame people had problems with their Blind hub, mine still works perfectly. Ratchets are awesome, still have one I just cant seem to sell but Id wait on buying one. Once the new one , should it ever come out, everything on a Ratchet will be so hard to replace.

True. I'm definitely thinking of trying that simian rear hub when it comes out. I saw some kind of sneak peaks from G-Sport George on Instagram and they look so sick.

And the Z Coaster is nice, but no one other than people with more money than most can afford one. They're really expensive for 90% of people.

I'd ride the Z Coaster but i don't care that much. I rather have the Clutch and the extra 200$ to spend on other parts of my bike.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/5/2015 9:29 AM

My Freemix did this for a few days. I regreased everything and tightened up the cone nuts and problem went away.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/5/2015 10:49 AM

I hope to the BMX gawds that that is what needs to be done on mine Tim...

|

Bruh

10/5/2015 12:59 PM

The little ball tensioners under the clutch are not providing enough friction to allow the clutch to be grabbed by the driver. If you turn them counter clockwise a little on each it should fix your problem, it may need to be fine tuned after re assembling if there still is not enough friction or if there is too much.

|