Federal guard sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2018 10:27 AM

I haven't made a thread in forever but started riding again lol.

The federal impact sprocket with the pc guard. How would that work? It's only 40 bucks and seems to protect the chain. The main reason I'm asking is for crank/pedal slides (I do them on back foot drive side). I think the pc guard would slide better and not stick plus I'm cheap and it looks cool.

Tldr: would it help prevent breaking chains and slide nice for crank arm and pedal grinds

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/26/2018 10:35 AM

Oh also I don't grind any brick or concrete just coping on ledges and rails

|

5/26/2018 11:33 AM

You can't do crank arm slides with your back foot. I guess it might help with back foot pedal feebles though

|

5/26/2018 12:17 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can't do crank arm slides with your back foot. I guess it might help with back foot pedal feebles though

Yeah that's what the back foot was reference to. Back foot pedal slides

|

5/26/2018 12:21 PM

I think the shadow guard is cheaper and has the same plastic guard.

|

5/26/2018 12:58 PM

Or the Odyssey halfbash.

|

Hmmm

5/26/2018 1:02 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Or the Odyssey halfbash.

Now that I think about it eclat makes one too, is this an extension of pc pedals then pc pegs and now pc sprocket guard? What's next? Plastic bearing cups?
I seriously think this could be the last useful plastic alternative on a BMX bike and hope it doesn't go further.

|

Hmmm

5/26/2018 2:45 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Now that I think about it eclat makes one too, is this an extension of pc pedals then pc pegs and now pc sprocket guard? ...more

I don't think anything else could really be made plastic but it definitely slides better than aluminum. I hated riding pegs when I had metal. I think it's a good idea as grinding on it won't cause as much resistance as aluminum

|

5/26/2018 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2018 2:48 PM

The odyssey havok sprocket pocket was plastic, and one of the most popular bolt on guards of it's time (early 90's).
But I'm pretty sure the federal one is the cheapest on the market right now

|

5/26/2018 9:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The odyssey havok sprocket pocket was plastic, and one of the most popular bolt on guards of it's time (early 90's).
But I'm ...more

Eddie Roman loved it
|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.