Feels like I'm hitting my rim

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2016 5:23 PM

This may be a stupid question..but anyways. I was riding just now, and it felt like I was hitting my rim when I landed a trick. It only happens when I land my back tire first then my front tire. I hear a noise as if it's my rim. It's 20" Rant from wheel with a Merritt SlideWall 2.35 tire..I ride at most 50 psi. The tube is also the correct size. Is this a natural noise, or am I hitting my rim?

|

9/8/2016 5:54 PM

Bump that 50 psi up to around 80 and the problem should go away

|

9/8/2016 6:17 PM

50psi is abit low

|

9/8/2016 6:37 PM

Rust wrote:

50psi is abit low

I don't like running tires with a lot of psi. It feels to hard for me.

|

9/8/2016 7:05 PM

We wouldn't be able to say you are hitting it without watching, but air that tire up more.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/8/2016 9:42 PM

Are you running a brake? Sometimes the pads are so close to the rim that they'll smack it when impacted. It happened to me when I didn't know how to work on my bike. If not, which you probably aren't, go to AT LEAST 75 PSI. Below that and you're asking for a pinch flat.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/8/2016 10:31 PM

I run 50 to 60 psi and have never had a pinch flat or felt my rim hit the floor. Check your rear wheel for side to side play. Also check your bb, and your driver. It could also be the chain tapping the seat stays

|

9/9/2016 12:12 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I run 50 to 60 psi and have never had a pinch flat or felt my rim hit the floor. Check your rear wheel for side to side play. ...more

Def not the BB or the driver. I'll bump up my PSI. Thank you!!

|

9/9/2016 12:29 PM

"Why is it making noise"
"I don't want to bump my PSI up"

Well deal with the noise or pump your tires up lmfao

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/9/2016 12:31 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

"Why is it making noise"
"I don't want to bump my PSI up"