Female Hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2015 10:38 AM

So I finally got my custom wheels from Empire, this is my first time dealing with female hubs, I noticed that it's hard to get one of the bolts out, because the hub rotates when you try to take it off, is this normal with female hubs?

what do you guys recommend when you have one of the bolts stuck in, I did manage to take it out but it was a pain lol

Thanks

|

My FBM bike check


2/6/2015 10:45 AM

I usually just tighten one side of my hub to the outside of my dropout, then unscrew the bolt that was tightened too much.... If that makes since

|

2/6/2015 10:49 AM

Does it have a internal allen key hole thats what i use

|

BORN FAST ish

2/6/2015 11:53 AM

Grease the threads.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


2/6/2015 12:16 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Grease the threads.

this. and dont do one bolt at a time. start with both fully tight, take 1/4 turn off the left, then 1/4 turn off the right, and keep the pattern going until both bolts are loose. happens to my female hubs all the time.

|



2/6/2015 12:49 PM

Good for you getting the female hubs. I prefer them over the male axles.

Mine is a shemale hub, which, contrary to popular belief, isn't terrible for pegs. I just got the gsport bolts so they're stronger than the ones that come stock.

Plus i'm not the most frequent grinder these days.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/6/2015 4:52 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Good for you getting the female hubs. I prefer them over the male axles.

Mine is a shemale hub, which, contrary to popular belief, isn't terrible for pegs. I just got the gsport bolts so they're stronger than the ones that come stock.

Plus i'm not the most frequent grinder these days.

yeah man I definitely wanted to try some female hubs, always good to try something new smile

@Tim I will definitely grease them

@raptor yeah that's usually what I do with regular male hubs.

this is a picture from Empire they gave me a shout out over Instagram, gonna try to put them on tomorrow and go out and ride if the weather is any good.
Photo

|

My FBM bike check


2/6/2015 5:02 PM

Looks really nice dude. I would love those wheels. How much did those beauties run you?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/6/2015 5:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2015 5:22 PM

Thanks brother, It was like $485 with the $86 discount if i'm not mistaken.

|

My FBM bike check


2/6/2015 5:27 PM

Flea wrote:

Thanks brother, It was like $485 with the $86 discount if i'm not mistaken.

DANG haha they're totally worth it though, i'm sure.

One day when my wheels give out i'll probably get some funky tree hubs laced to Rollcages. I always wanted some, but my wheels are good now. Hazard lites are some tough rims.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/6/2015 5:32 PM

yeah this happens on my q1 front wheel, its an Odyssey Quartet female axle hub, Didnt think it would be such a pain in the ass to get the otherside loose once one side is already loosened. now, i just dont screw them in all the way when i go to take my wheels off. seems to work well enough.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/6/2015 5:33 PM

Flea wrote:

Thanks brother, It was like $485 with the $86 discount if i'm not mistaken.

MaximusBikes wrote:

DANG haha they're totally worth it though, i'm sure.

One day when my wheels give out i'll probably get some funky tree hubs laced to Rollcages. I always wanted some, but my wheels are good now. Hazard lites are some tough rims.

dude the hazard lites are really good, i have yet to hear anything bad about those rims.

|

My FBM bike check


2/6/2015 5:36 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

yeah this happens on my q1 front wheel, its an Odyssey Quartet female axle hub, Didnt think it would be such a pain in the ass to get the otherside loose once one side is already loosened. now, i just dont screw them in all the way when i go to take my wheels off. seems to work well enough.

lol yeah that's what happened to me, i left them loose till i put them on.

|

My FBM bike check


2/6/2015 5:54 PM

Flea wrote:

Thanks brother, It was like $485 with the $86 discount if i'm not mistaken.

MaximusBikes wrote:

DANG haha they're totally worth it though, i'm sure.

One day when my wheels give out i'll probably get some funky tree hubs laced to Rollcages. I always wanted some, but my wheels are good now. Hazard lites are some tough rims.

Flea wrote:

dude the hazard lites are really good, i have yet to hear anything bad about those rims.

i run a both front and (soon) rear) Hazard lite 36h, they are fucking bombproofed. dont fix it if it aint broken? well that saying goes for the hazard lites 100%!!!!

oh and their not to bad on the cashola side either wink

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop