Female hub question

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2013 2:54 PM

I recently bought a profile mini. However when I put it on my bike I make sure the chain is tight and I tighten the bolts a lot however after a few minutes of riding my chain is crazy loose.(to loose to ride). How do I fix this problem, thanks

|

9/9/2013 3:00 PM

Female back hubs are shit, especially profiles, purely for this reason, wedge something in the gap between the axle and the start of the dropout or slam it.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

9/9/2013 3:43 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Female back hubs are shit, especially profiles, purely for this reason, wedge something in the gap between the axle and the start of the dropout or slam it.

Female back hub are not shit, you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Youre wheel is sleeping because you either dont have adapters and if so, they are probably slightly to wide. I doubt its the hub, get adapters that are half the size and Im sure you'll have the issue fixed.

I have multiple sets of Profiles, run with and without pegs, only time Ive experienced any issue like this is when the adapters are a tad bit to wide and the wheel doesn't tighten down properly. It may appear ok but if the wheel is slipping, I can guarantee that's the issue. When running with the rear hubguards I had to mix different size adapters which would fit properly with pegs.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/9/2013 3:46 PM

zenith111 wrote:

This guy is a tool. Female hubs are better than male's.

Your wheel could be slipping for a few reasons:
Have you greased the threads on the bolts?

Are you running 3/8ths to 14mm adapters?

Few other things could cause it. Post up some pictures and we will try and diagnose the issue

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/9/2013 4:28 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Gump wrote:

This guy is a tool. Female hubs are better than male's.

Your wheel could be slipping for a few reasons:
Have you greased the threads on the bolts?

Are you running 3/8ths to 14mm adapters?

Few other things could cause it. Post up some pictures and we will try and diagnose the issue

Word, there's no problem with rear female hubs. they're lighter and significant ly stronger than most male axles. i had a female mix hub for a week while i was getting my odyssey hub built up with no adaptors and it was solid. off of some pretty big drops and dirt jumps. Just get te adaptors or the bolts with integrated adaptors. i want to get the female kit for my odyssey hub too.

|

9/9/2013 5:55 PM

Thank you I will post a picture tomorrow I think the bolts may be to small?

|

9/10/2013 12:01 PM

Photo
|

9/10/2013 12:13 PM

No, as stated above, you need adapters.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/10/2013 12:17 PM

Yeh you need to get adapters.
Got to like your local hardware store and look for something like this Adapters
they will be a good temporary fix. They might even last for ever. ik mine did. They are just alot cheaper than profiles.

|

9/10/2013 1:50 PM

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

9/10/2013 2:23 PM

Or go to danscomp and get 2x peg adapters. They say they work as axle adapters too. They're super cheap

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx