Fiend 3 piece crank wedge system?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2019 2:12 PM

Can anyone describe this cranks wedge system? I’m in the market for some 160’s and I’d like to get something that slips on and off easily if I decide to swap frames etc etc. I would go with the Odyssey’s style wedge system but they don’t offer anything in 160mm.

|

5/19/2019 3:32 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Can anyone describe this cranks wedge system? I’m in the market for some 160’s and I’d like to get something that slips on and off easily if I decide to swap frames etc etc. I would go with the Odyssey’s style wedge system but they don’t offer anything in 160mm.

Look for their flatware thunderbolts. They come in 160mm

|

It’s all bmx

5/19/2019 7:34 PM

Do you mean the ones that are 48 spline, but have a weird bolt on them? I was talking about them with a friend who has them. He lost the bolts but doesn’t know what they do. I assume there’s a small wedge that pushes on the axle, but the axle bolt will hold the cranks in just like any other 48 spline?

|

5/20/2019 1:58 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Do you mean the ones that are 48 spline, but have a weird bolt on them? I was talking about them with a friend who has them. He lost the bolts but doesn’t know what they do. I assume there’s a small wedge that pushes on the axle, but the axle bolt will hold the cranks in just like any other 48 spline?

Correct,i got those and i wonder why they have that wedge system the wedge has no splines too...

|

5/20/2019 3:28 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Do you mean the ones that are 48 spline, but have a weird bolt on them? I was talking about them with a friend who has them. He lost the bolts but doesn’t know what they do. I assume there’s a small wedge that pushes on the axle, but the axle bolt will hold the cranks in just like any other 48 spline?

It appears both Fiend’s cranks; the Segment and their Team crank have the same wedge bolt system. I just don’t understand how it works.....

|

5/20/2019 3:43 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Do you mean the ones that are 48 spline, but have a weird bolt on them? I was talking about them with a friend who has them. He lost the bolts but doesn’t know what they do. I assume there’s a small wedge that pushes on the axle, but the axle bolt will hold the cranks in just like any other 48 spline?

BillyBigRigger wrote:

It appears both Fiend’s cranks; the Segment and their Team crank have the same wedge bolt system. I just don’t understand how it works.....

I think it’s just an extra thing to stop them loosening? Like if they’re tight, but the axle bolts come loose, they won’t develop wobble. It might also help keep em tight/prevent wobble if you’re one of those people that don’t crank the axle bolts tight, so they spin easier.
But, they’re not really necessary if you use the correct tube spacer and know how to tighten cranks properly

|

5/20/2019 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2019 12:25 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Can anyone describe this cranks wedge system? I’m in the market for some 160’s and I’d like to get something that slips on and off easily if I decide to swap frames etc etc. I would go with the Odyssey’s style wedge system but they don’t offer anything in 160mm.

adamnmexican wrote:

Look for their flatware thunderbolts. They come in 160mm

I thought those were only available in socket drive? If you have seen of a bolt drive version, let me know! I have been searching for 160mm thunderbolts.

|

5/21/2019 6:56 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Can anyone describe this cranks wedge system? I’m in the market for some 160’s and I’d like to get something that slips on and off easily if I decide to swap frames etc etc. I would go with the Odyssey’s style wedge system but they don’t offer anything in 160mm.

adamnmexican wrote:

Look for their flatware thunderbolts. They come in 160mm

Bulletpup wrote:

I thought those were only available in socket drive? If you have seen of a bolt drive version, let me know! I have been searching for 160mm thunderbolts.

Same here Bullet. I believe the 160 odyssey’s are for socket drive sprockets only.

|

5/22/2019 1:27 PM

Primo Churchill come in 160mm and if you go cheap and shorter Sunday saker v2 come in 155mm also if you could find some old resist relapse cranks those come in 160mm and are really nice.

|

I believe in hub guard protection