Fiend Embryo Frame (Wanting to buy one) And Fiend Invest Forks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2014 11:23 PM

Fiend Embryo Frame:
Thoughts on this frame? Fiend seems like a solid company. The geo on that frame sounds about the same with my current Mutiny frame, but with the option of the Embryo having a 20.75 top tube, and possibly a different BB height. I like the Dark Gray colorway. I was actually thinking of a decent setup to run around this.

Fiend Invest Forks: They got a nice weight to them, not super light like my Demo Elites, but oh well, not worried at all. The 26mm offset sounds fairly snappy so it'd be nice for learning nose manuals and other front end tricks.

It seems like the Invest Forks are super recent because they were added to Dan's not too long ago. So you guys may as well answer on the frame pretty much haha.

Anyway here's a little "idea" on how I'd set up the Fiend Embryo. Nice 'N' Purty
Photo

Photo

(Polished pedals... I will be getting metal pedals.)
Photo

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/21/2014 12:51 AM

I dont know about those forks tbh, but odyssey r serie is never a bad choice.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

8/21/2014 8:41 AM

T-rider wrote:

I dont know about those forks tbh, but odyssey r serie is never a bad choice.

This is true about Odyssey Forks.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

8/21/2014 8:55 AM

Fiend is super generic. Average quality. They offer nothing that puts them above any other company. Basically the only reason to choose Fiend over anyone else is Garrett Reynolds lol.

And the Fiend Invest forks don't look good... cut out in the crown, dropouts don't look that great, and stuff like that. Really, as I've said before, there's no real reason why you should get any fork other than Odysseys. Lighter than almost every fork, stronger than every fork, and a legit lifetime warranty.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/21/2014 12:57 PM

Geo is nice for park.. It's a bit sluggish for street but that was just me

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/21/2014 2:47 PM

just get some odysseys man quality, costumer service, and lifetime warranty are never bad

|

8/21/2014 6:29 PM

odyssey forks are the way to go

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/22/2014 9:06 PM

I fucking hate everyone riding Odyssey DICK forks like he didn't mention them.

Get what YOU want , I'd rather ride something SLIGHTLY "weaker" (Although it probaly isnt weak at all considering the team the backs it up . I think people dont like Fiend because it's not time tested or whatever ) but be more stoked on what I'm riding. The Fiend frame is heat treated and spec wise it seems like your average frame. 75 HT , 13.3 CS , and a 8.5 ST. Nothing special , but you could ride everything with it.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/22/2014 9:10 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get what YOU want , I'd rather ride something SLIGHTLY "weaker" (Although it probaly isnt weak at all considering the team the backs it up . I think people dont like Fiend because it's not time tested or whatever ) but be more stoked on what I'm riding. The Fiend frame is heat treated and spec wise it seems like your average frame. 75 HT , 13.3 CS , and a 8.5 ST. Nothing special , but you could ride everything with it.

Yeah, he didn't mention them, but they should be mentioned because they're the best forks you can buy.

Yeah, you could probably get away with weaker forks. Not like you can get any uglier.

Ever think the team might replace their parts every day?

I don't like Fiend because the parts are generic and mostly poorly designed.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/22/2014 9:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2014 9:17 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yeah, he didn't mention them, but they should be mentioned because they're the best forks you can buy.

Yeah, you could probably get away with weaker forks. Not like you can get any uglier.

Ever think the team might replace their parts every day?

I don't like Fiend because the parts are generic and mostly poorly designed.

Well as a matter of fact, I AM riding Demolition Elite Forks. They're holding up fine for me.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

8/22/2014 9:28 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

Well as a matter of fact, I AM riding Demolition Elite Forks. They're holding up fine for me.

my friend who rides super hard, has broken 3 stinger axles and multiple crank and frames, had them for 2 years with no problems
some people have different experiences than others

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/22/2014 11:05 PM

I ran eastern bars and every says they suck shit but were amazing for me ! Does that mean I dick ride them ? No. So fuck man like Garrett can truck off a 20 set and his Fiend forks last , you don't NEED the best parts to do crazy shit . Like riders have diffferent parts from different sponsors and they do crazy shit , just because they dont ride Odyssey forks doesnt mean what they ride is "weak".

Like Stevie trucked El-Toro with Eclat forks , does roof drops constantly , I hate people saying shit is weak when it's fine , sure Odyssey forks are good but that doesn't mean Fiend forks are bad.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/22/2014 11:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2014 11:27 PM

yea but when he does break them instead of having to pay for another pair he could literally just call up odyssey and get them replaced thats what happened to me. all of these forks you mentioned are not bad at all but just cause im cheap id rather have a warranty than something thats just another generic part. (but thats my own opinion)

|