Fiend headset sucks!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2013 11:31 PM

Just a warning. Don't buy it. I have had it for a few weeks and its already clicking. I just greased it again tonight and will see how it is tomorrow.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/11/2013 11:49 PM

All bearings are basically the same, you pay for the top cap

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 12:02 AM

future FBM wrote:

All bearings are basically the same, you pay for the top cap

This.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 12:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 12:21 AM

Lmao you ovalised your headtube. It's not the bearings fault, it's yours.

|

5/12/2013 2:40 AM

Yup you fucked it up

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/12/2013 11:54 AM

>all bearings are generic
>"don't buy it"


inb4 can't greentext on vital

|

uuuuuuuuhhhh

5/12/2013 2:02 PM

future FBM wrote:

All bearings are basically the same, you pay for the top cap

not even close to being true, because odyssey top cap and what not does not work the the failure headset bearing, well the failure headset doesn't really work at all but still some of these integrated headset bearing are slightly different

|

5/12/2013 2:35 PM

9/10 headset bearings on the market are the exact same. It's the fucking top cap that's different. ^ you're a fucking dipshit leave this site.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/12/2013 3:00 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not even close to being true, because odyssey top cap and what not does not work the the failure headset bearing, well the failure headset doesn't really work at all but still some of these integrated headset bearing are slightly different

i read more and more of your dumb ass posts. you're an idiot.... GTFO

|

5/12/2013 3:02 PM

They're pretty much all the same.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/12/2013 3:06 PM

All headsets are the same. The only thing thats different is the wedge piece and cap. The bearings ARE THE EXACT SAME!

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 3:11 PM

future FBM wrote:

All bearings are basically the same, you pay for the top cap

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not even close to being true, because odyssey top cap and what not does not work the the failure headset bearing, well the failure headset doesn't really work at all but still some of these integrated headset bearing are slightly different

greenbastard wrote:

i read more and more of your dumb ass posts. you're an idiot.... GTFO

cool story bro

|

5/12/2013 3:26 PM

Meh I never really gave about headset, I went to my LBS and he had an Animal one so I was like fine whatever and got it.
Not happy not disappointed, I just don't care about headsets, I'm just meh.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/12/2013 4:05 PM

Ok guys... Listen in closely. EVERY SINGLE BEARING HEADSET/BOTTOM BRACKET/ HUB BEARINGS/ DETANGLER BEARINGS ARE THE SAME, BUTTTT!!!

With some really expensive components like stated above... A lot of companies do use higher grade material/bearings/races
So they all work and do the same thing, but some CAN have slight advantages, like lasting longer, that's about it....

When you buy a profile hub, the bearing inside is higher grade than a generic hub, same shit, 'longer' story, because the bearings are different types, not different sizes or anything... They all run the same, look the same.

Most of the time you're buying the brand name, for example, I got a Shadow Corvus HS for $29, $5 off and free shipping and was cheaper than everything else, the bearings are the same as my stock complete (my old bike) but the seals and shit are a bit higher quality, and stuff like profile and animal were in the $35 mark, which was annoying lol.


But to my conclusion, If you're somebody who doesn't give a fuck about style or looks, GET ANY HEADSET. If you're like me and want a bit of character and style and 'swag' to your steed, then get a decent looking one smile

|

5/12/2013 4:10 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Ok guys... Listen in closely. EVERY SINGLE BEARING HEADSET/BOTTOM BRACKET/ HUB BEARINGS/ DETANGLER BEARINGS ARE THE SAME, BUTTTT!!!

With some really expensive components like stated above... A lot of companies do use higher grade material/bearings/races
So they all work and do the same thing, but some CAN have slight advantages, like lasting longer, that's about it....

When you buy a profile hub, the bearing inside is higher grade than a generic hub, same shit, 'longer' story, because the bearings are different types, not different sizes or anything... They all run the same, look the same.

Most of the time you're buying the brand name, for example, I got a Shadow Corvus HS for $29, $5 off and free shipping and was cheaper than everything else, the bearings are the same as my stock complete (my old bike) but the seals and shit are a bit higher quality, and stuff like profile and animal were in the $35 mark, which was annoying lol.


But to my conclusion, If you're somebody who doesn't give a fuck about style or looks, GET ANY HEADSET. If you're like me and want a bit of character and style and 'swag' to your steed, then get a decent looking one smile

Well said.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/12/2013 5:32 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Ok guys... Listen in closely. EVERY SINGLE BEARING HEADSET/BOTTOM BRACKET/ HUB BEARINGS/ DETANGLER BEARINGS ARE THE SAME, BUTTTT!!!

With some really expensive components like stated above... A lot of companies do use higher grade material/bearings/races
So they all work and do the same thing, but some CAN have slight advantages, like lasting longer, that's about it....

When you buy a profile hub, the bearing inside is higher grade than a generic hub, same shit, 'longer' story, because the bearings are different types, not different sizes or anything... They all run the same, look the same.

Most of the time you're buying the brand name, for example, I got a Shadow Corvus HS for $29, $5 off and free shipping and was cheaper than everything else, the bearings are the same as my stock complete (my old bike) but the seals and shit are a bit higher quality, and stuff like profile and animal were in the $35 mark, which was annoying lol.


But to my conclusion, If you're somebody who doesn't give a fuck about style or looks, GET ANY HEADSET. If you're like me and want a bit of character and style and 'swag' to your steed, then get a decent looking one smile

You do know that hubs use different sized bearings yeah? Like the gsport are huge compared to say profile ones

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/12/2013 5:37 PM

future FBM wrote:

All bearings are basically the same, you pay for the top cap

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not even close to being true, because odyssey top cap and what not does not work the the failure headset bearing, well the failure headset doesn't really work at all but still some of these integrated headset bearing are slightly different

Different races and caps, all bearings are the same.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor


Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

5/12/2013 5:39 PM

Gump wrote:

You do know that hubs use different sized bearings yeah? Like the gsport are huge compared to say profile ones

This.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor


Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

5/12/2013 5:53 PM

you probably just need to learn how to work on your bike

|

fack off

5/12/2013 5:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 6:01 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

not even close to being true, because odyssey top cap and what not does not work the the failure headset bearing, well the failure headset doesn't really work at all but still some of these integrated headset bearing are slightly different

greenbastard wrote:

i read more and more of your dumb ass posts. you're an idiot.... GTFO

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

cool story bro

Dude your parents are thoroughly disappointed in you. You are obviously a highschool dropout or paid a few bills for credit redemption. You didn't go to college. Why do t you go read a fucking book before you say another god damn word to anyone in this world because each and everytime you speak, I get dumber and a Malaysian slave worker child is punished with 53 lashes by whips.


TL;PCR ( too long; plzdntfailmeagn can't read)

You're a fucking idiot and have no place in industrialized society.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 6:02 PM

future FBM wrote:

Dude your parents are thoroughly disappointed in you. You are obviously a highschool dropout or paid a few bills for credit redemption. You didn't go to college. Why do t you go read a fucking book before you say another god damn word to anyone in this world because each and everytime you speak, I get dumber and a Malaysian slave worker child is punished with 53 lashes by whips.


TL;PCR ( too long; plzdntfailmeagn can't read)

You're a fucking idiot and have no place in industrialized society.

I read all of this but didn't even bother reading his posts. Every time I see he posted in a thread I just call him a fucking idiot or make fun of him for being an illuminati/conspiracy faggot

|

5/12/2013 6:05 PM

Look how many times I used "y". Do you see the tiny inverted illuminati symbols on top.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 6:08 PM

future FBM wrote:

Look how many times I used "y". Do you see the tiny inverted illuminati symbols on top.

y is the 25th letter of the alphabet, 2+5 = 7. 7 & 7 make a triangle if you flip the second 7, flip it right side up and you get a triangle.





ILLUMINATI.

|

5/12/2013 6:11 PM

Ten letters in illuminati. Ten has 3 letters, triangles have three points.


ILLUMINATI

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 6:15 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Ok guys... Listen in closely. EVERY SINGLE BEARING HEADSET/BOTTOM BRACKET/ HUB BEARINGS/ DETANGLER BEARINGS ARE THE SAME, BUTTTT!!!

With some really expensive components like stated above... A lot of companies do use higher grade material/bearings/races
So they all work and do the same thing, but some CAN have slight advantages, like lasting longer, that's about it....

When you buy a profile hub, the bearing inside is higher grade than a generic hub, same shit, 'longer' story, because the bearings are different types, not different sizes or anything... They all run the same, look the same.

Most of the time you're buying the brand name, for example, I got a Shadow Corvus HS for $29, $5 off and free shipping and was cheaper than everything else, the bearings are the same as my stock complete (my old bike) but the seals and shit are a bit higher quality, and stuff like profile and animal were in the $35 mark, which was annoying lol.


But to my conclusion, If you're somebody who doesn't give a fuck about style or looks, GET ANY HEADSET. If you're like me and want a bit of character and style and 'swag' to your steed, then get a decent looking one smile

Yeah, every company doesnt buy from the same exact company. Some bearing companies im sure have a slight difference in the machining &bearing seals which could possibly mean some companies "generic bearings" last slightly longer. Just as well some "generic bearings" have defects & shit.

FYI what I just said was partly nonsense.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/12/2013 8:52 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

9/10 headset bearings on the market are the exact same. It's the fucking top cap that's different. ^ you're a fucking dipshit leave this site.

I love Freddy lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/12/2013 9:03 PM

I feel the new user guide should mention that any new user is required to have 3-5 illuminati memes/jokes on reserve at all times for dealing with pleasedontrapemeagain.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/12/2013 9:33 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

All headsets are the same. The only thing thats different is the wedge piece and cap. The bearings ARE THE EXACT SAME!

Pretty much unless you buy ceramic stuff which is totally noticeable by the price. Some top races suck dick though and they won't sit flush. My friend had a Stolen Insider 2 headset on his 2012 Stolen Sinner XLT and the top race wedge was like shifting all over the place when we were installing it. We had to get a new wedge piece and headset from another headset..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/13/2013 6:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2013 6:20 AM

tomdon wrote:

I feel the new user guide should mention that any new user is required to have 3-5 illuminati memes/jokes on reserve at all times for dealing with pleasedontrapemeagain.

lol------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook