Finally Back into BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2018 8:01 PM

Not that anyone on the forum missed me, but I've been back riding bmx. I stopped due to the local scene turning really bad and all centered around some kid claiming to be sponsored by albe's who's a real asshole sometimes. I was riding mountain bikes and fixed gear bikes for a while, and came back and was able to hop 2 1/2 feet higher than before! Less worried about being the best and have just started riding as I please, so much better now.

|

3/25/2018 8:18 PM

Sucks to hear about your local scene I had a similar experience when I decided to stop riding, I got tired of the local parks scene and was just no longer having fun with the people i rode with.

I just got back into bmx myself as well or I'm at least trying to lol, my back wheel that came with my dust bucket is on its last legs of life laughing , I've got to replace some stripped nips and retrue the entire wheel plus the freecoaster on it is complete ass lol. I'm having a lot of fun with it tho so I don't mind the headache I planned to get a cassette anyway

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

3/25/2018 9:15 PM

Its funny you both got back into riding and also have similar names. smile

|

3/25/2018 10:19 PM

Damn it’s you again what’s up dude

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/25/2018 10:27 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Not that anyone on the forum missed me, but I've been back riding bmx. I stopped due to the local scene turning really bad and ...more

That's the best way to be! Just riding for yourself and not taking it seriously makes it so much more fun

|

3/26/2018 5:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's the best way to be! Just riding for yourself and not taking it seriously makes it so much more fun

This. I just cruise with my son 99% of the time now. So much more fun. I have actually stacked more clips this year already than I did ALL of last year! My son likes to ride around, so that means I get to ride street again, which is rad!

I plan to build up a street edit this year. We shall see how that pans out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/26/2018 6:08 AM

Sup cuz

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/26/2018 6:19 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Its funny you both got back into riding and also have similar names. smile

Lol

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

3/26/2018 6:49 AM

DatJiggyNiggy wrote:

Sucks to hear about your local scene I had a similar experience when I decided to stop riding, I got tired of the local parks ...more

OMG did I make it into a signature?? Does this mean I'm sponsored now? Sweet. (BTW if you want a brand new free coaster for a seriously low cost of entry, check out my threads in the for sale section)

OP - Welcome back! I just joined Vital not too long ago and started riding again seriously just this past year.

This part of your post:

Less worried about being the best and have just started riding as I please, so much better now.

Is the best part about being an older BMXer. I work against myself and physics, nobody else. What kind of bike are you riding now?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/26/2018 6:54 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Damn it’s you again what’s up dude

Gettin ready for college, ridin every type of Bike I can and all. Losing weight and getting healthier too, kinda goes along with riding bikes. If any of y'all are gonna be in Reno the next couple years, I'll be there, working at the reno bike project probably.

|

3/26/2018 6:56 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

OMG did I make it into a signature?? Does this mean I'm sponsored now? Sweet. (BTW if you want a brand new free coaster for a ...more

Riding a fit Wi-Fi. I'll probably post a bike check soon. Back wheel is bent but she still rides so we're all good.

|

3/26/2018 7:04 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

OMG did I make it into a signature?? Does this mean I'm sponsored now? Sweet. (BTW if you want a brand new free coaster for a ...more

Oh it worked!!! laughing sigs don't show up on the mobile version, I just might take you up on that at some point in the future tbh this is the first time I've had a freecoaster I didn't even know it was on the bike till the day I bought it lol

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

3/26/2018 7:06 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Riding a fit Wi-Fi. I'll probably post a bike check soon. Back wheel is bent but she still rides so we're all good.

Nice I hear the wi-fi is great I'll keep an eye out for your bike check I'm always creeping the bc section I love seeing different builds and color schemes

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

3/26/2018 8:59 AM

Nice

|

Hmmm