Finally decided to put a helmet on

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2016 3:04 AM

I've been contemplating it for a very long time now, and I've decided to finally put a helmet on my head. Problem is, not sure which one. I've got a Protec Bucky, which is uncertified and feels pretty pointless to wear it. I've also got a brand new S1 Lifer, but it just doesn't fit right, even with different sized pads.

I'm looking for a helmet the most similar to the Bucky that's out there. Anyone have any experience with the Bell Segment? Found a site that has them for fairly cheap, and they look like they have a really deep fit like the Bucky.

So basically what I'm asking is, any reviews on the Bell Segment? If possible could I get a photo of it being worn, can't seem to find much online unfortunately.

Cheers

|

6/9/2016 4:54 AM

Buy the Shadow Conspiracy helmet, I know guys who have had one and its actually saved their head, I have long hair so it sits high on my head but it is the best looking helmet in my opinion, I was in the same position as you and I've owned the bell segment helmet and it's cheap for a reason, the helmet is way to big and bulky and feels like a cheap pos.

My bottom line is save up the $70/80 and buy the shadow helmet and ditch the bell segment idea, you won't regret it and your brain will thank you later! Lol

|

6/9/2016 5:12 AM

Macalin wrote:

Buy the Shadow Conspiracy helmet, I know guys who have had one and its actually saved their head, I have long hair so it sits high on my head but it is the best looking helmet in my opinion, I was in the same position as you and I've owned the bell segment helmet and it's cheap for a reason, the helmet is way to big and bulky and feels like a cheap pos.

My bottom line is save up the $70/80 and buy the shadow helmet and ditch the bell segment idea, you won't regret it and your brain will thank you later! Lol

I did consider the shadow helmet. Although being in Australia I can't really find one without paying double the price because of shipping costs.

So really my only options ARE the TSG Evolution (in the good looking clear/red), the TSG Superlight, or the Bell Segment. I've got long hair too so that's why I like the Bucky. Comes down further on your head.

|

6/9/2016 12:16 PM

cobaccc wrote:

I've been contemplating it for a very long time now, and I've decided to finally put a helmet on my head. Problem is, not sure which one. I've got a Protec Bucky, which is uncertified and feels pretty pointless to wear it. I've also got a brand new S1 Lifer, but it just doesn't fit right, even with different sized pads.

I'm looking for a helmet the most similar to the Bucky that's out there. Anyone have any experience with the Bell Segment? Found a site that has them for fairly cheap, and they look like they have a really deep fit like the Bucky.

So basically what I'm asking is, any reviews on the Bell Segment? If possible could I get a photo of it being worn, can't seem to find much online unfortunately.

Cheers

I ride in the segment. It's pretty comfertable because it conforms to the shape of your head. It takes the force of impacts very well too, much better than other helmets i've used.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/9/2016 4:27 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

I have a Lazer Armor helmet, super light, certified, and sites pretty well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/9/2016 4:32 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I ride in the segment. It's pretty comfertable because it conforms to the shape of your head. It takes the force of impacts very well too, much better than other helmets i've used.

Yeah they look super comfy. Are they as bulky as that other guy said? Erik Elstran, Rob Diquattro and Connor Lodes ride in the segment, and it doesn't look bulky at all!

|

6/9/2016 5:48 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

Honestly check out local bike shops or skateboard shops and see which one fits how you want it to.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/9/2016 5:56 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

Everyone here uses S1 helmets , fairly cheap with no gimmicks and in my eyes fit the best . Use to wear a Bucky you have but it isn't shit , literally only good for "have to wear a helmet" parks and contest last but it won't save your life

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/9/2016 6:40 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Everyone here uses S1 helmets , fairly cheap with no gimmicks and in my eyes fit the best . Use to wear a Bucky you have but it isn't shit , literally only good for "have to wear a helmet" parks and contest last but it won't save your life

Yeah I've got a Lifer sitting at home I bought a few months back. Always kinda been unhappy with it. Until I work out what I want I'm gonna just ride in it, I may even grow to like it, who knows.

|

6/9/2016 11:50 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

My opinion, the Classic Skate by Pro-Tec is similar to the Bucky, and I think Pro-Tec is the way to go. Not pushing it, but I stand by their products.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/10/2016 1:07 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

Good looking out for your head. I picked up a Bell sports trans matte one from the sporting goods store 25$ USD. Works good so far. Safety was my only concern. I threw some stickers on there to jazz it up. Good luck bro.

|

6/10/2016 2:54 PM

Rode tsg helmets for ten years I love them , switched it up to an s1 lifer and liking it allot , had one bell segment that was alright , and got a bell full face that cost me 300 for when I'm riding big stuff

|

6/11/2016 6:46 PM

We have a 661 Dirt Lid, and it's nicely made & comfortable with many pad shapes & sizes. Also have a generic Bell thing. It's ok. I'm eyeing the Shadow one next

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

6/12/2016 4:34 PM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

I've had a segment since it came out. great helmet, but i dislike how heavy it is compared to the bucky.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/12/2016 7:31 PM

I have a bell (idk the model, it's flat navy blue, and real light, but too small) and a Bucky, which I love

|

6/14/2016 10:12 AM

cobaccc wrote:

Cheers

I've been riding a segment for a while now and it's great. Sits lower than any other helmet I've ridden, especially if you take the top pad out.

|