Finally finished…thoughts(fork)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2021 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2021 11:52 AM

It was just finished today.It took quite a while getting all the parts ordered.Not sure about the forks(a little overkill maybe) & the pedals.Electric green trail boss,pitchfork V2 forks,primo super bite 170’s,odyssey twisted pedals,odyssey 30T,odyssey gold bluebird chain,BSD pro street hubs/BSD rims,S&M speedball 2.1 tires,S&M long Johnson seat post,Sunday pivot seat,Kink clamp,Odyssey headset,S&M turtleneck stem,S&M racing XLT bars,Odyssey evo 2.5 brake,dia compe tech77 lever & ODI grips. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

10/1/2021 8:29 PM

no front pegs

|

wallride a bus everyday

10/1/2021 11:45 PM

Nice color.

|

10/2/2021 3:27 AM

buttmeate wrote:

no front pegs

No …trails & a little street riding

|

10/2/2021 3:28 AM

Whookid570 wrote:

Nice color.

Thanks

|

10/2/2021 5:15 AM

that looks great

|

10/2/2021 9:50 AM

Nice man, what could make the forks overkill as you say?

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

10/2/2021 11:50 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Nice man, what could make the forks overkill as you say?

That’s what the shop owner said & was trying to sell me another fork.I’m not sure of any other reason why he would say that.Saying it was too heavy & from a different era where bikes were over-built.

|

10/2/2021 12:46 PM

I'd say the forks are a little out of place, aesthetically. But they're good forks. Not sure how much i'd trust a pair of forks that are 20 odd years old. But saying that my forks are about 10 years old.
Some narrower, tapered legs would look more in line with the rest of the build, but if they work I wouldn't rush out to buy some

|

10/2/2021 1:01 PM

I’ll take those forks off your hands..

|

10/2/2021 1:21 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I'd say the forks are a little out of place, aesthetically. But they're good forks. Not sure how much i'd trust a pair of ...more

These are remanufactured in 2019…bought new from Albes 2 months ago

|

10/2/2021 1:34 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I'd say the forks are a little out of place, aesthetically. But they're good forks. Not sure how much i'd trust a pair of ...more

Tinman315 wrote:

These are remanufactured in 2019…bought new from Albes 2 months ago

Ah fair enough. I had a pair of the og 1 1/8th pitchforks on my next gen. They look a little chunky compared to the frame imo

|

10/2/2021 1:44 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I'd say the forks are a little out of place, aesthetically. But they're good forks. Not sure how much i'd trust a pair of ...more

Tinman315 wrote:

These are remanufactured in 2019…bought new from Albes 2 months ago

.pegless. wrote:

Ah fair enough. I had a pair of the og 1 1/8th pitchforks on my next gen. They look a little chunky compared to the frame imo ...more

They are the beefiest forks I’ve ever seen(1/4” dropouts are thick).They’re brand new too & not sure whether to ride them or get the r32’s

|

10/2/2021 2:48 PM

S&M 2nd Generation Threadless Pitchfork (2000-2006) Re-issue made in 2019.

|

10/2/2021 2:55 PM

Tinman315 wrote:

These are remanufactured in 2019…bought new from Albes 2 months ago

.pegless. wrote:

Ah fair enough. I had a pair of the og 1 1/8th pitchforks on my next gen. They look a little chunky compared to the frame imo ...more

Tinman315 wrote:

They are the beefiest forks I’ve ever seen(1/4” dropouts are thick).They’re brand new too & not sure whether to ride them ...more

I personally don't like the look of r32's. The non tapered pitchfork xlt's look real nice though

|

10/2/2021 7:47 PM

Pitchforks are dope. Now get pedallin!

|

10/2/2021 7:50 PM

Agreed, those forks are badass..

Enjoy em!

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

10/2/2021 8:17 PM

Thanks everyone for the input…I’m going to see how it feels with them.They’re only 1/2 lb heavier than the r32’s.I always liked the pitchforks & was a huge S&M fan when Clymer was riding.

|

10/3/2021 1:00 AM

Sounds like he just wanted to make a sale on some forks

|

10/3/2021 6:44 AM

Your bike is looking clean. Props.

|

10/3/2021 6:59 AM

As long as you like them and they don't feel too heavy? then they are superb forks. Heavy though, but as I said if you like how they ride etc then they're fine.

I doubt you will break them, that's for sure.

|

Gravity always wins.

10/3/2021 7:01 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Your bike is looking clean. Props.

Thanks

|

10/3/2021 7:09 AM

ACBMX wrote:

As long as you like them and they don't feel too heavy? then they are superb forks. Heavy though, but as I said if you like ...more

I’m going to give them a shot & see how they feel.I haven’t ridden a bmx in +15 years..we’ll see how I get on with them-they look bulletproof.Definitely the burliest forks I’ve ever had

|

10/15/2021 7:11 PM

Nice build. I'd keep the pitchforks.

|

10/15/2021 9:04 PM

m6z wrote:

Nice build. I'd keep the pitchforks.

Thanks…I’m going to give them a chance.They’re a half pound heavier than the r32’s & the pitchfork xlt’s

|

10/18/2021 3:04 PM

That tall seat post with those forks are awesome

|

My mom thinks I’m special