Finally tried some 360's...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2019 6:11 PM

Landed quite a few flyout 360's!

I also tried some flat 360's but had to correction hop after the landings.

Im proud, I had never tried 360's flyout or flat before. I have only done a weird 360 to fakie half cab thing on a tiny bank.

I pulled up to a skatepark and looked at one of my favorite banks and decided I was ready to commit to one. My first try I landed 270 on the deck but I kept trying for a couple hours and finally got like a weird 300° one and pedaled away. That really motivated me to keep pushing for a more solid one!

Got a bit of footage of some of the earlier attempts from today, I really wish I was filming when I got the one I would actually count as a 360...I will throw some in the next couple videos of mine if anyone is interested.

How long did it take you to get 3's?

|

8/13/2019 6:23 PM

It took me 4 or 5 tries flyout but on flat, it took me a looong time. I think I'd actually landed a hop whip before I first landed a hop 3, although it's a long time ago now so I could be getting mixed up.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/13/2019 6:52 PM

A whole day , back when I was 13 me and my buddy dug a 4 foot trench 30 feet long wedges down and put a 4 foot kicker in the bottom of it to fly out took a couple hours to get after about 8 hours of digging

|

8/13/2019 7:41 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

It took me 4 or 5 tries flyout but on flat, it took me a looong time. I think I'd actually landed a hop whip before I first landed a hop 3, although it's a long time ago now so I could be getting mixed up.

Damn! 4 or 5 tries! Good job.

|

8/13/2019 7:42 PM

eskimojay wrote:

A whole day , back when I was 13 me and my buddy dug a 4 foot trench 30 feet long wedges down and put a 4 foot kicker in the bottom of it to fly out took a couple hours to get after about 8 hours of digging

I could see dirt being more forgiving on a crash than concrete but harder to get the carve at the lip with the dirt giving way and all.

|

8/13/2019 7:51 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I had a taco quarter with a grass landing behind it so there was no real risk.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/13/2019 9:43 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Smart!

|

8/13/2019 10:01 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Smart!

Quarter tacos are dangerous to your health though. There is such a thing as too cheap of a taco.

|

8/13/2019 10:01 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Smart!

Bulletpup wrote:

Quarter tacos are dangerous to your health though. There is such a thing as too cheap of a taco.

Yes...I just quoted myself.

|

8/14/2019 4:07 AM

I think you need to push yourself a bit more. I've watched a few of your videos and it's clear that you're riding below what you could do.

Glad you landed a 360, but I'm sure you could have learned that a year ago. I think it should serve as an example that there are many tricks you have the level to try, because it didn't take you long to learn 360s, and it's gonna open up many other things and improve you confidence/skills at the sale time.

You should always try out new tricks that you're confident you're not gonna hurt yourself trying.

|

8/14/2019 4:50 AM

I think it was pretty fast after I got 180s figured out. I likely tire tapped a LOT and then just started twisting harder.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/14/2019 7:25 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I think it was pretty fast after I got 180s figured out. I likely tire tapped a LOT and then just started twisting harder.

Sounds like what I did too, I still don't throw them over box jumps, only to the platform. Also could probably 3 off ledges but stop myself at 180s, just gotta go for it.

|

8/14/2019 7:39 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Landed quite a few flyout 360's!

I also tried some flat 360's but had to correction hop after the landings.

Im proud, I had never tried 360's flyout or flat before. I have only done a weird 360 to fakie half cab thing on a tiny bank.

I pulled up to a skatepark and looked at one of my favorite banks and decided I was ready to commit to one. My first try I landed 270 on the deck but I kept trying for a couple hours and finally got like a weird 300° one and pedaled away. That really motivated me to keep pushing for a more solid one!

Got a bit of footage of some of the earlier attempts from today, I really wish I was filming when I got the one I would actually count as a 360...I will throw some in the next couple videos of mine if anyone is interested.

How long did it take you to get 3's?

I still have yet to try them. I have a dirt step up that's pretty much perfect I just have to commit to it

|

Barends are for weenies

8/14/2019 10:24 AM

Fatalize wrote:

I think you need to push yourself a bit more. I've watched a few of your videos and it's clear that you're riding below what you could do.

Glad you landed a 360, but I'm sure you could have learned that a year ago. I think it should serve as an example that there are many tricks you have the level to try, because it didn't take you long to learn 360s, and it's gonna open up many other things and improve you confidence/skills at the sale time.

You should always try out new tricks that you're confident you're not gonna hurt yourself trying.

The days I set out to learn new things, I do accomplish them, you are correct. I wait till I am not only physically ready for something but mentally, as well! Keep in mind, I am starting pretty late in the game and learning these tricks in my 30's. Lol I just turned 31 this July.

I know for a fact there are many tricks/variations within my grasp but I have a lot longer recovery and more money lost when I do get seriously injured.

|

8/14/2019 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2019 1:20 PM

Good shit, a handful of attempts flyout first, then probably day or 2 doing them flat. The lighter the bike the quicker easier it'll be. If anyone is having a hard time doing them flat try doing a 180 to tap to 180 will be easier with brakes but can still be done less with pedal pressure, that makes it easier to learn if you have a harder time, and looking over the shoulder which ever way you spin helps.

|

8/14/2019 1:32 PM

It took me awhile maybe 3 or 4 years into riding to get them down on flat, what really helped me was sending it down some steps, not entirely sure if id recommend doing that though lol

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/14/2019 1:34 PM

Sick!

Took a few days flyout since I had to drive to a different park because my local has no flyouts, I think I could've got it quicker if I lived nearby. I only recently, maybe the past month or two, started flat ground. The real challenge is keeping my finger off the brakes, I still tap a little at the end, maybe like a 300 or 330, lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

8/14/2019 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2019 3:02 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

The days I set out to learn new things, I do accomplish them, you are correct. I wait till I am not only physically ready for something but mentally, as well! Keep in mind, I am starting pretty late in the game and learning these tricks in my 30's. Lol I just turned 31 this July.

I know for a fact there are many tricks/variations within my grasp but I have a lot longer recovery and more money lost when I do get seriously injured.

I'm 27, and I started riding at 25. A bit younger than you but still beyond the "I don't care if I get hurt" point. I'm scared to try many things, my first priority is to not get injured, I don't recover that quickly.

But at that age you still can push yourself quite a bit. That's a thing that I realized when I landed my first barspin an hour after trying it for the first time. A lot of tricks are not that hard to do, they're mostly a confidence thing. And a lot of tricks are not that dangerous to try, even if they're mentally scary.

Another example is that I learned ice pick stalls in just 2 sessions last week, even though I was at first really scared to keep my feet on the pedals while landing on the peg ("what if it slipped?" etc.).

If you just push yourself to try a trick just a few times, you quickly realize that it's not that scary to try, and that mental block is gone.

|