First Car Help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2012 11:10 AM

I'm getting my license soon and have $3500 saved up. I want a car that I can haul my bike in the back, but also look cool. I'm thinking about a VW Rabbit GTi mk1 or Mustang. I'm open to anything really. Any cars you would recommend? If I have to, I can put a bike rack on as well.

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/4/2012 11:11 AM

Wrong section. -.-

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor


Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

12/4/2012 11:13 AM

Me? wrote:

Wrong section. -.-

My bad

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/4/2012 11:15 AM



Find it in non............
|

12/4/2012 11:25 AM

Also look cool? Really? Real news, a bike rack just means that when you hit a bump in the road the bikes are gonna bounce and the front wheels are going to hit the back of your car making little marks and scratches, plus if you have pegs then it really takes the paint away trust
Just get a real good car and dont worry about looking cool this is for both you and your bike not just you

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

12/4/2012 11:42 AM

Roqfan wrote:

Also look cool? Really? Real news, a bike rack just means that when you hit a bump in the road the bikes are gonna bounce and the front wheels are going to hit the back of your car making little marks and scratches, plus if you have pegs then it really takes the paint away trust
Just get a real good car and dont worry about looking cool this is for both you and your bike not just you

Thanks man. Any cars you recommend?

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/4/2012 2:59 PM

Get a vw!

|

Yeaaaaaaaah boyyyy!

12/4/2012 3:20 PM

VW > Mustang...don't get a Mustang, they're resale is high but it's because everyone thinks "omg i can have a fast car for $3500" when in reality you can make a 4-cylinder Honda faster for under $3k. Get a GTi rabbit if you can find one.

|

12/4/2012 3:39 PM

Roqfan wrote:

Also look cool? Really? Real news, a bike rack just means that when you hit a bump in the road the bikes are gonna bounce and the front wheels are going to hit the back of your car making little marks and scratches, plus if you have pegs then it really takes the paint away trust
Just get a real good car and dont worry about looking cool this is for both you and your bike not just you

BreakThruAlec wrote:

Thanks man. Any cars you recommend?

Listen to other guys for suggestions I dont like cars I just have a standard automatic for transportation

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

12/4/2012 6:33 PM

if you get a good roof rack then your bikes will be on there fine, i have a rack on my car and i have no problems with anything except for wind noise since i didn't buy the Yakima Whisper bars. Another downfall is you'll drop a couple miles per gallon because of the wind resistance.

|

12/5/2012 2:42 AM

You could take out your back seat.

|

12/5/2012 6:27 AM

Find a car with a hitch if possible and youll never worry about your bike hitting your car.

For $3500 you have some decent options. Think about what your looking for in the car too, are you looking for something a little faster? economical? big...smalll... etc.

In my experience any hatch back is a really nice thing to have with a bike. I have a Hyundai tiburon (dont even look at one) and its great because i literally open up my rear hatch and set my bike down in my car.

For a rack... if you can save on the car look for a semi decent bike rack. if you spend the money and get a nice one for the trunk it shouldn't more around too much and then it wont do as much damage to your car.

|

12/5/2012 8:48 AM

Thanks guys I've decided to go with a VW Rabbit or Golf GTI. I'm not into subs. So I should be able to fit bikes in the back nice and comfy.

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/5/2012 9:17 AM

BreakThruAlec wrote:

Thanks guys I've decided to go with a VW Rabbit or Golf GTI. I'm not into subs. So I should be able to fit bikes in the back nice and comfy.

FORD-350 SUPER DUTY

|

12/5/2012 11:49 AM

BreakThruAlec wrote:

Thanks guys I've decided to go with a VW Rabbit or Golf GTI. I'm not into subs. So I should be able to fit bikes in the back nice and comfy.

savcheer98 wrote:

FORD-350 SUPER DUTY

Ahahaha. Yeah, but no. I can't afford to move that thing a foot.

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/5/2012 11:56 AM

BreakThruAlec wrote:

Ahahaha. Yeah, but no. I can't afford to move that thing a foot.

lol i get one when iam 16 and i prob wont either

|

12/5/2012 2:52 PM

i just traded in my Honda Fit, if i was single and didn't have kids that car would have been awesome because i could put the back seats down and put 2 bikes back there no problem....now i have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and i'm not allowed to put a rack on it (but that's ok, it has a big trunk)

|

12/5/2012 3:51 PM

Bmxican406 wrote:

Find a car with a hitch if possible and youll never worry about your bike hitting your car.

For $3500 you have some decent options. Think about what your looking for in the car too, are you looking for something a little faster? economical? big...smalll... etc.

In my experience any hatch back is a really nice thing to have with a bike. I have a Hyundai tiburon (dont even look at one) and its great because i literally open up my rear hatch and set my bike down in my car.

For a rack... if you can save on the car look for a semi decent bike rack. if you spend the money and get a nice one for the trunk it shouldn't more around too much and then it wont do as much damage to your car.

god i love hyundai tiburons.... just wanted to get that out there....

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

12/5/2012 7:29 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i just traded in my Honda Fit, if i was single and didn't have kids that car would have been awesome because i could put the back seats down and put 2 bikes back there no problem....now i have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and i'm not allowed to put a rack on it (but that's ok, it has a big trunk)

Fits are nice. Good on gas and you have the Honda reliability. I just can't afford one lol. CRX's are dope too lol

|

Smitten In The Mitten





My Whip:


2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "


Ride For:


42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

12/10/2012 6:22 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i just traded in my Honda Fit, if i was single and didn't have kids that car would have been awesome because i could put the back seats down and put 2 bikes back there no problem....now i have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and i'm not allowed to put a rack on it (but that's ok, it has a big trunk)

BreakThruAlec wrote:

Fits are nice. Good on gas and you have the Honda reliability. I just can't afford one lol. CRX's are dope too lol

CRX with a rack. I'd get one if they had 4 seats...

|

12/13/2012 11:05 AM

I want a nova, or grand national.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/13/2012 11:05 AM

Still looking though.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/13/2012 1:16 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I want a nova, or grand national.

Fuck a Chevy. mopar.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/13/2012 2:06 PM

Dodge is junk, at least anything newer than 1990...i've had probably 5 Dodge's and all have had stupid problems, same with the Chevy's i've had...that's why i like imports.

Get a Civic, swap in a GSR, go beat V8 domestics and feel good knowing your car cost $3000 and still beats $30,000 domestics.

|

12/13/2012 4:12 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Dodge is junk, at least anything newer than 1990...i've had probably 5 Dodge's and all have had stupid problems, same with the Chevy's i've had...that's why i like imports.

Get a Civic, swap in a GSR, go beat V8 domestics and feel good knowing your car cost $3000 and still beats $30,000 domestics.

Talking about muscle cars. Fuck Them ricers. Talking about 60-70 mopar man.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/14/2012 1:35 AM

i don't like old Dodge's either, i like the older Chevy's....and those old V8's still can't out-motor a 4-cylinder

|

12/14/2012 7:31 AM

get a ford ranger haha

|

12/16/2012 11:24 AM

ferrari f40 they only come in red tho :/

|

12/16/2012 7:48 PM

my dad has a buddy with an F40 and an F50, it's the same guy who loaned me a Lamborghini Gallardo for my senior prom back in 2004...wish i could have taken that F40, haha.

|

12/17/2012 6:55 PM

sbc785 wrote:

my dad has a buddy with an F40 and an F50, it's the same guy who loaned me a Lamborghini Gallardo for my senior prom back in 2004...wish i could have taken that F40, haha.

They are both kick ass imo.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149