First bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2017 6:26 AM

What was your first real bmx? Mine was a cheap framed attack. Just to let you know it was a price of crap. I later moved on to get a total hangover frame and now to a stolen sinner.

|

10/5/2017 6:34 AM

Ugh.... Hard to define "1st real" so I'll just go with my first bike that was actually designed to be a BMX bike. It was a Schwinn Scrambler 36/36 exactly like this one:

Photo

|

10/5/2017 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 7:40 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ugh.... Hard to define "1st real" so I'll just go with my first bike that was actually designed to be a BMX bike. It was a ...more

I all ways forget how big and bulky everything used to be and how high the seats were. Not including the ten thousand reflecters, the stems, free wheels, chain guards, one piece cranks and huge sprokets.

|

10/5/2017 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 8:13 AM

A Trek Vert 3.

Photo

And you thought that old Schwinn was bulky. My Vert 3 weighed 40 pounds.

|

10/5/2017 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 8:27 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

A Trek Vert 3.

Photo

That schwinn sill probably weighed more.

Update, Just saw that It was 33#. If that Trek is 40#, THAT IS A TANK!

|

10/5/2017 9:07 AM

Haro Nyquist backtrail
Ended up selling it because of all the problems that thing had. I was constantly buying parts and trying to fix it.
Actual pic below

Photo

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

10/5/2017 9:11 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

A Trek Vert 3.

Photo

Mishinn_Control wrote:

That schwinn sill probably weighed more.

Update, Just saw that It was 33#. If that Trek is 40#, THAT IS A TANK!

Yeah man, it was 39.something pounds the last time I weighed it at a shop. I put some new bars, seatpost and a stem on it and wanted to see what it weighed. It was a friggin' tank. I was never technically very good. I could do double pegs and feebles, shitty manuals and pretty good nose wheelies. I did jump down pretty much anything there was to jump down though and that thing took some big drops. Big enough that I look at them now and start sweating. smile But yeah my 24" WTP Atlas is 10 to 12 pounds lighter(I put a bunch of new parts on and haven't weighed it)and it rides way better than that Trek. Probably has a shorter or at least the same length chain stays FFS(14.5"). I gave that old Trek to an ex-girlfriend's little brother and it got stolen.

|

10/6/2017 5:03 AM

Cool!

|

10/6/2017 5:56 AM

Got his monster a Haro F3 as my first bmx bike:

Photo

Was pretty fun to ride even if it weighed a ton.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

10/6/2017 3:05 PM

Photo

Subrosa Salvador, the only original parts are frame and the cranks and back wheel which are clinging to life and will probably break the next time i drop in.
|

Hmmm

10/6/2017 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2017 4:36 PM

a 1998 mongoose super goose was my first real non department store BMX. Got it new for Christmas 98. Was stolen by that summer, and replaced later that year with my first real street bike, that probably weighed 40+ pounds. 2000 Gary Fisher mullet lol. I thought it was great. I really wish i still had the supergoose. I'd ride that today. I remember it being super light. Then I moved to that mid school tank, and wondered why I wasn't progressing as fast. I weighed less than 100 pounds. That was too much bike for a kid, but that's what was cool.

Photo

Photo

|

10/9/2017 12:55 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ugh.... Hard to define "1st real" so I'll just go with my first bike that was actually designed to be a BMX bike. It was a ...more

Just look at those specs tho! "Carbon Steel, gusset reinforced BMX frame" w/ "competition tubular fork" & "6-1/2 - inch crank arms"! All that AND freewheel or coaster brake on steel 36-hole wheels!

|

10/9/2017 2:04 PM

Not my pic but the exact same bike and colour only I had black tires and seat... 87 diamondback viper
Photo

|

10/10/2017 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2017 9:08 AM

1981 Supergoose: my very first BMX ws exactly like this one (I still think this is mine) purchased in April of '81...stolen in July of '81

Photo

1988 Californian Pro: this is the one that replaced the stolen one....7 years later. I still ride this one today

Photo

will be getting a newer one after my wedding (since I have been told "no more bike stuff till after the wedding"...the chain is on already?)

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence