First bmx in 35+ years.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2019 9:25 AM

Aptly named 'Crysis'.

Fist doodling on it didn't feel as sketchy as I thought it would. Bars feel weirdly big tho.

|

5/28/2019 10:39 AM

Looks awesome, enjoy mate.

|

5/28/2019 10:52 AM

You made a great choice.

You missed the early 2000's when everyone cut their bars down to less than 2 foot wide and Dirty Harry levers were a must.

|

5/28/2019 11:42 AM

jbales wrote:

You made a great choice.

You missed the early 2000's when everyone cut their bars down to less than 2 foot wide and Dirty Harry levers were a must.

Even under the crossbar in some cases! Haha

|

5/28/2019 12:49 PM

Nice! I have the 2016 and I really like it.

|

5/28/2019 8:18 PM

When I started riding again at 46 I started off with a Crysis! Great choice!

|

6/3/2019 12:42 PM

How's the geometry feel for you?
These new bikes seem so much twitchier. I ended up with a Sunday Model C because it seemed more stable.
I'm coming from an 87 Ross Piranha and a 96 GT Vertigo.

|

6/3/2019 1:36 PM

Chapel wrote:

These new bikes seem so much twitchier. I ended up with a Sunday Model C because it seemed more stable.

...Is this Chapel Chapel?!??! DUDE! Welcome!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/3/2019 1:42 PM

It feels ok bordering on fine to be honest.

It's the 21 inch version, I'm 6'1". Cut down the bars to 28" and replaced the stock pedals with some Cult DAK ones. To my own surprise it feels somewhat good. Looking at the numbers I suspected something terrifying to cycle. The one brake is next to useless, there is that.

Having said that. I'm sure there are many things I would like better. But sadly not in the position to try out all frame sizes, geometries, fork offsets, wheels sizes, etc. 46 now, by the time I'm 56 I should be able to give you a better answer =)

|

6/3/2019 1:46 PM

zenpebble wrote:

It's the 21 inch version, I'm 6'1". Cut down the bars to 28" and replaced the stock pedals with some Cult DAK ones. To my own surprise it feels somewhat good. Looking at the numbers I suspected something terrifying to cycle. The one brake is next to useless, there is that.

Having said that. I'm sure there are many things I would like better. But sadly not in the position to try out all frame sizes, geometries, fork offsets, wheels sizes, etc. 46 now, by the time I'm 56 I should be able to give you a better answer =)

Put some clear pads on there.

|

6/3/2019 3:30 PM

Chapel wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

...Is this Chapel Chapel?!??! DUDE! Welcome!

lol! yep! Hey man! I'm everywhere!

|

6/4/2019 1:18 PM

zenpebble wrote:

Even the shittiest of brakes can be tuned to make for better braking than ehat comes off the factory floor. Mess with them a bit, sand the pads, clean your rims and if those things dont work. Soda or hot glue sticks work great!

|