First broken chain link

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2013 10:34 AM

I broke the one of the chain links and I'm not sure if I could just remove one link and pin it back together. Would that be possible since my chain was pretty slacked to begin with ? and if not what kind of chain would you say I'd be better off getting? Right now i've got a stock kmc chain and Eastern 25T sprocket. Photo

|

7/22/2013 10:37 AM

You can just remove the broken link, then replace it with a new one. A good chain that could replace that one is a Shadow half link, or a Cult half link. I've had both of those chains and both are awesome. Matter of fact, I'm running a Shadow now. I've had it for well over 6 months now and I've had absolutely zero problems with it.

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

7/22/2013 10:54 AM

Alright, haha i think i'm gonna try and just replace the link to see how that works, since it seems the cheapest. Would I just buy a new pin and forget about getting a replacement link since my chain was a little longer than it needed to be in the first place?(idk how to explain but the guy at the bikes shop showed me that it would loosen and tighten depending where the cranks/sprocket was in rotation. Whenever I'd hop or just come down from a curb it would clank pretty loud against my frame.

|