|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/23/2013 1:23 PM

i believe it way fly but i could be wrong

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/23/2013 1:43 PM

Looks like that might be correct, but they had to have got the idea from somewhere, because the bearings would've had to be available already or the frame would've been useless. I'm pretty sure S&M/Fit didn't have them until '04-'05. My frame is an '05 or '06 and it does obviously, but I remember that being one of the reasons why I bought the last one I had(same frame/got stolen) from my friend around that time. That plus it was mid bb and that was just coming into the scene as well.

|

7/23/2013 3:51 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Looks like that might be correct, but they had to have got the idea from somewhere, because the bearings would've had to be available already or the frame would've been useless. I'm pretty sure S&M/Fit didn't have them until '04-'05. My frame is an '05 or '06 and it does obviously, but I remember that being one of the reasons why I bought the last one I had(same frame/got stolen) from my friend around that time. That plus it was mid bb and that was just coming into the scene as well.

ya ik fly had a lot of ideas, but what im guessing he is asking is who took the idea of the bearings and instead of having them in a cup and actually having the races welded into the frame.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/23/2013 5:26 PM

My Failure Grade One had an integrated HT, and I got that in 05/06. My 02ish S&M did not. My 04 Macniel didn't either.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/23/2013 5:36 PM

i think s&m did one in '99

|

fack off

7/24/2013 3:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 3:47 AM

http://archive.mtbr.com/09/0EEFFD98.php

Check the dates on the posts. This was actually something interesting to look up just to know the history. But upon further searching on Google, it sounds like internal and semi-integrated headtubes came out on road bikes in the late 90's, then the integrated headtubes we all have now came out on bmx/mtb a little before that thread, so I'm gonna say in 2000 or early 2001. So I don't know if the dude above me is right or not, but the technology was being developed around that time. Saw a couple forums and thought it was funny how people were hating on it saying that it sucked and was only going to be a trend, just like we all do for all the stuff nowadays. Lol.

Edit: Company wise, it would've been a road bike company. BMX/MTB frame wise, it looks like GT/Schwinn had the technology before anyone, which honestly isn't suprising. Wish I would've paid attention to this shit when I was hanging out at the GT factory in Santa Ana back in the late 90's around 2000. But I was a kid so I didn't know anything about it. Lol. For those of you that didn't get into bmx until the last decade, GT used to be the shit because they were the ones pushing freestyle forward, along with Haro, and Mongoose, so of course they were my team/company of choice growing up 15 minutes away from the factory. Speaking of GT, if there's ever a pro Q&A for Jamie Bestwick, he might be one of the best people to ask since he was on the team long before then.

|

7/24/2013 5:16 AM

Aheadset/Cane Creek/DiaComp developed threadless headsets and they came out in 1991.

|

7/24/2013 9:15 AM

-Havok- wrote:

http://archive.mtbr.com/09/0EEFFD98.php

Check the dates on the posts. This was actually something interesting to look up just to know the history. But upon further searching on Google, it sounds like internal and semi-integrated headtubes came out on road bikes in the late 90's, then the integrated headtubes we all have now came out on bmx/mtb a little before that thread, so I'm gonna say in 2000 or early 2001. So I don't know if the dude above me is right or not, but the technology was being developed around that time. Saw a couple forums and thought it was funny how people were hating on it saying that it sucked and was only going to be a trend, just like we all do for all the stuff nowadays. Lol.

Edit: Company wise, it would've been a road bike company. BMX/MTB frame wise, it looks like GT/Schwinn had the technology before anyone, which honestly isn't suprising. Wish I would've paid attention to this shit when I was hanging out at the GT factory in Santa Ana back in the late 90's around 2000. But I was a kid so I didn't know anything about it. Lol. For those of you that didn't get into bmx until the last decade, GT used to be the shit because they were the ones pushing freestyle forward, along with Haro, and Mongoose, so of course they were my team/company of choice growing up 15 minutes away from the factory. Speaking of GT, if there's ever a pro Q&A for Jamie Bestwick, he might be one of the best people to ask since he was on the team long before then.

you have a major point, and along with Jamie Bestwick was Kevin Robinson on the gt team?

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/24/2013 10:17 AM

No.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.