First part to upgrade on an entry level bmx bike

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2013 9:35 PM

Hey I got a fit Benny 1 back in 2010 but it was a 08 and I think it's time to start upgrading parts. Nothing has broken yet ( except the brakes but it forced me to ride brake less anyway smile ) I'm talking about bars, fork,stem etc. I'm not knew to bmx and have progressed a bunch ( can do 3s, tucknos, 180 flat and stuff like that ) but my bike is starting to look out dated and feels heavy compared to my friends. Thanks for any and all help smile

|

5/28/2013 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2013 9:46 PM

I'd say wait until something breaks then replace it. Maybe get like new tires and grips and stuff like that?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/28/2013 9:45 PM

Looking outdated isn't an issue in my eyes. niether is weight unless its a total tank and hard manuver. But if you really want to buy new stuff go for something that feels diferent. Try switching up the geometry on your stem or bars. Personally I'd just go for a new frame just to get it out of the way.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/28/2013 10:36 PM

Your Bike wont be a Fit Benny 1, the Benny series came out this year.

|

5/29/2013 8:18 AM

who gives a fuck if its heavy!

|

5/29/2013 8:27 AM

the first part i upgraded was bars, now ordered a new stem, sprocket, chain and some new bearings haha. I'd recommend something that isn't that expensive in case something breaks. like bars or stem

|

Bruh

5/29/2013 9:29 AM

BMXism wrote:

Looking outdated isn't an issue in my eyes. niether is weight unless its a total tank and hard manuver. But if you really want to buy new stuff go for something that feels diferent. Try switching up the geometry on your stem or bars. Personally I'd just go for a new frame just to get it out of the way.

Yeah that's what I'd do too, I never really trust stock parts.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/29/2013 10:48 AM

Wait till something breaks

|

fack off

5/29/2013 3:00 PM

I would the obvious would be chain, tires, grips, and pedals. At least that's usually the stuff that gets worn out and needs to be replaced the quickest. Beyond that, I would say that if you want to change the feel of your bike, new bars can go a long way.

|

5/29/2013 4:04 PM

Change the frame first, then wheels then drivechain, then the front end stuff and then just wait the the other parts to die and replace as an when needed. Get the big costs out the way first an you'll thank yourself for it later on when you are strapped for cash.

Sup to you tho really.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/29/2013 5:48 PM

Wait until your bike shits out like mine did. I can't wait until my tires come in

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.