First time at Woodward

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2013 11:16 AM

This summer will be my first time at Woodward and i wanted to know some of the Do's and Don'ts of camp,what i should pack, and what i shouldn't pack.

|

1/31/2013 11:28 AM

Lucky bastard i wish i has the money for it.
Never been there but a general rule when you go to places where you don't know people is don't be a dick and people will like you.
As for stuff to pack up, a bike and clothes that should be about it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

1/31/2013 11:35 AM

Bring lots of water.

|

1/31/2013 11:58 AM

KaneF15 wrote:

Bring lots of water.

thats stupid..they have it there..bring a bed sheet and pillow, blanket and clothes..

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

1/31/2013 1:04 PM

Don't forget your bike.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

1/31/2013 2:48 PM

Me? wrote:

Don't forget your bike.

I tried this and it made my experience horrible. Forget your bike.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/31/2013 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2013 3:31 PM

helmet, elbow/knee pads, toothbrush/ paste, tubes, Tools(they have tools there u can use but i like to bring my own tools), Snacks, Gatorade/monster, bike obviously, tylenol, swim shorts, sleeping bag, pillow, ipod, towel, soap and shit for showering, 6 days worth of clothes, parts to sell/trade to people, money to buy parts/snack off people, money that u put into an account when u get there so u can buy stuff from the Canteen (the canteen this shop where u can buy woodward appeal /candy/redbull/vitamin water/pizza and shit like that), also u can get a woodward water bottle for like $7 that u can refill with water or soda for free(get that shit). Ur going to want to bring all this stuff in a big trunk that u can put next to ur bed.

Dont bring a laptop or anything expensive. Shit gets stolen all the time from there. Always have ALL ur shit locked up. A kid in my cabin pissed in my friends waterbottle that was on his bed. Also dont get into fights cause they will kick u out of camp in a second (the reason we didnt kill the kid who pissed in the waterbottle). and if ur going to hook up with the bitches there then u better be pretty damn sneaky cause if u get caught ur fucked. Dont bring bud/drugs/cigarettes. Dont be a dick to the little kids or kids who arent good. Be nice to ur instructor they will teach u whatever u want to learn. be nice to ur cabin counselors. Dont be too loud at night. If theres a kid u dont like throw his socks onto the ceiling (they stick)

I have been to woodward the past 2 summers. U will love it. If u have any questions about it feel free to ask me

|

1/31/2013 4:56 PM

im going the 16-17 of feb for a weekend with some friends. i cant wait.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/31/2013 5:03 PM

i like too bike wrote:

helmet, elbow/knee pads, toothbrush/ paste, tubes, Tools(they have tools there u can use but i like to bring my own tools), Snacks, Gatorade/monster, bike obviously, tylenol, swim shorts, sleeping bag, pillow, ipod, towel, soap and shit for showering, 6 days worth of clothes, parts to sell/trade to people, money to buy parts/snack off people, money that u put into an account when u get there so u can buy stuff from the Canteen (the canteen this shop where u can buy woodward appeal /candy/redbull/vitamin water/pizza and shit like that), also u can get a woodward water bottle for like $7 that u can refill with water or soda for free(get that shit). Ur going to want to bring all this stuff in a big trunk that u can put next to ur bed.

Dont bring a laptop or anything expensive. Shit gets stolen all the time from there. Always have ALL ur shit locked up. A kid in my cabin pissed in my friends waterbottle that was on his bed. Also dont get into fights cause they will kick u out of camp in a second (the reason we didnt kill the kid who pissed in the waterbottle). and if ur going to hook up with the bitches there then u better be pretty damn sneaky cause if u get caught ur fucked. Dont bring bud/drugs/cigarettes. Dont be a dick to the little kids or kids who arent good. Be nice to ur instructor they will teach u whatever u want to learn. be nice to ur cabin counselors. Dont be too loud at night. If theres a kid u dont like throw his socks onto the ceiling (they stick)

I have been to woodward the past 2 summers. U will love it. If u have any questions about it feel free to ask me

Dude thanks so much so helpful and i will never forget to lock my shit after you telling that story. Also you going this year?

|

1/31/2013 5:24 PM

samlindley17 wrote:

Dude thanks so much so helpful and i will never forget to lock my shit after you telling that story. Also you going this year?

Yep. week 11. and also maybe another earlier week like 7. There is a chance that i might not be able to go because i havent been able to ride the past 5 months due to 2 herniated dics so i sure hope it gets better and doesnt come back again so i can go. What week do u plan on going?

|

1/31/2013 5:32 PM

go to their website it's all their

|

1/31/2013 6:04 PM

i like too bike wrote:

samlindley17 wrote:

i like too bike wrote:

Yep. week 11. and also maybe another earlier week like 7. There is a chance that i might not be able to go because i havent been able to ride the past 5 months due to 2 herniated dics so i sure hope it gets better and doesnt come back again so i can go. What week do u plan on going?

5 and 6 and i serious can not wait probably just watched every bmx woodward edit it seems so far away. Also where do you fill up the woodward water bottles.

|

2/1/2013 8:50 AM

@i like too bike do you HAVE TO sign in the camp to ride there? i also heard there was an age limit from one of my friends (he's never been there)? and if you sign into the camp what do they provide?

|

2/1/2013 1:16 PM

Hey buddy.

My main tip forwoodward to be buy there plastic water bottle. They allow you to refill it for free in the canteen all week. Also, don't waste time and make the best out of your week. It's an incredible place. I've never had more fun in my life.

|

Bike-curious.

2/1/2013 1:40 PM

DillonMotoX wrote:

Hey buddy.

My main tip forwoodward to be buy there plastic water bottle. They allow you to refill it for free in the canteen all week. Also, don't waste time and make the best out of your week. It's an incredible place. I've never had more fun in my life.

u cant refill them for free its cheaper but u still have to pay. drinks are only free at breakfast lunch and dinner and if they catch u filling up ur water bottle they get mad

|

2/1/2013 8:01 PM

samlindley17 wrote:

5 and 6 and i serious can not wait probably just watched every bmx woodward edit it seems so far away. Also where do you fill up the woodward water bottles.

Your going to love it there man. it doesnt matter if your good or bad u still have a ton of fun. Just a heads up: the first time i went i also went 2 weeks in a row and i was so exaughsted by the second week. I still had lots of funand rode a lot but even 1 week is very tiring. And you fill your water bottle up at the canteen for free. But there is also bunch of water fountains all around camp if your too lazy to walk all the way down to the canteen.

|

2/1/2013 8:11 PM

Francisco_Manjarrez wrote:

@i like too bike do you HAVE TO sign in the camp to ride there? i also heard there was an age limit from one of my friends (he's never been there)? and if you sign into the camp what do they provide?

Yes u have to be signed up for camp to ride there. Theres not really an age limit. There are kids that are incredibly young that i see flowing the parks with their 16 or 18in bike with profile elites. they might have to have a parent there with them because their so young but i really dont know. Im sure it says it some wheres on woodwards website.

What do u mean by what do they provide? Like they provide a bed to sleep on and food to eat (All of the food at woodward is free except for the food and drinks from the canteen) You can eat at the cafeteria for breakfast. For lunch you can eat at the cafeteria, ballpark grill (hamburgers/hot dogs), and for dinner u can eat at the same places at lunch. there are specific times for breakfast lunch and dinner. but if u miss a meal cause your too into a session or too busy learning a new trick u can always go to the canteen and get pizza or candy or something (but u have to pay at the canteen)

|

2/1/2013 8:12 PM

Sorry for all the long ass responses. Im just trying to be as helpful and informative as i can lol

|

2/1/2013 8:13 PM

MiniRoss wrote:

u cant refill them for free its cheaper but u still have to pay. drinks are only free at breakfast lunch and dinner and if they catch u filling up ur water bottle they get mad

U can always refill them for free at the canteen (only with water, for soda they charge u)

|

2/1/2013 8:16 PM

I'm going this summer too.
Wen the latest day I can sign up, or whe should I sign up?

|

Phone # 925 353 6162
Bought from: hookjrclc, scramhype, tito24, howlerfbm, pavimo, bmxkitten, others
Traded with: Kroller, the Balt, trentydoo

2/1/2013 8:21 PM

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Deadline is sometime in April i think. u should sign up as soon as u are sure u can go because if u sign up too late the week u want to go might end up being full

|

2/1/2013 8:37 PM

Bmx-junkie wrote:

i like too bike wrote:

Deadline is sometime in April i think. u should sign up as soon as u are sure u can go because if u sign up too late the week u want to go might end up being full

Thanks
And do you tell the instructers what you want to learn, or do they teach you whatever

|

Phone # 925 353 6162

2/2/2013 11:00 AM

Bmx-junkie wrote:

i like too bike wrote:

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Thanks
And do you tell the instructers what you want to learn, or do they teach you whatever

Ill explain what instruction is. The first day of Woodward the only time you are allowed to ride is when you get tested for your instruction groups. They call your name and you flow around the skatepark so they can see your skill level and put you a group that has people with the same skill level as you (if your friend is in a different group than you, you can ask the dude who puts you in the groups to be switched into your friends group). If you are under 15 then you have instruction in the morning right after breakfast. If you are 15 or older then you have it in the afternoon. When instruction starts everybody meets up in a small skatepark called "Egypt". Then you get into your groups with your instructor and he will ask what skatepark you guys want to go to. So your group makes a decision where to ride and then all of you go there with your instructor. Then basically you just ride around that skatepark and if you want your instructor to teach you something you can just ask him. Or sometimes he will offer to teach you something or tell you to try something. Instruction is about 2 hours and it is really fun to ride with and get to know people in your group and learn shit with them. The best instructor i ever had at Woodward is Brian Hunt so you are one lucky ass motherfuck if you get him lol that dude is very helpful and nice and funny.

Hope this helped. if you got any other questions then ask away

|

2/2/2013 12:06 PM

DillonMotoX wrote:

Hey buddy.

MiniRoss wrote:

i like too bike wrote:

U can always refill them for free at the canteen (only with water, for soda they charge u)

correct water is free but soda is a buck or 2

|

2/2/2013 5:55 PM

i like too bike wrote:

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Thanks

i like too bike wrote:

Ill explain what instruction is. The first day of Woodward the only time you are allowed to ride is when you get tested for your instruction groups. They call your name and you flow around the skatepark so they can see your skill level and put you a group that has people with the same skill level as you (if your friend is in a different group than you, you can ask the dude who puts you in the groups to be switched into your friends group). If you are under 15 then you have instruction in the morning right after breakfast. If you are 15 or older then you have it in the afternoon. When instruction starts everybody meets up in a small skatepark called "Egypt". Then you get into your groups with your instructor and he will ask what skatepark you guys want to go to. So your group makes a decision where to ride and then all of you go there with your instructor. Then basically you just ride around that skatepark and if you want your instructor to teach you something you can just ask him. Or sometimes he will offer to teach you something or tell you to try something. Instruction is about 2 hours and it is really fun to ride with and get to know people in your group and learn shit with them. The best instructor i ever had at Woodward is Brian Hunt so you are one lucky ass motherfuck if you get him lol that dude is very helpful and nice and funny.

Holy shit Brian Hunt was your instructor thats soooo sick

|

2/2/2013 6:00 PM

i like too bike wrote:

this helped me a lot i might go week 2 bc im poor but yea thanks! when are you going?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

2/2/2013 6:06 PM

i like too bike wrote:

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Thanks

i like too bike wrote:

Thanks alot.
I am going to west.

|

Phone # 925 353 6162

2/2/2013 6:28 PM

EAST!

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

2/2/2013 8:16 PM

samlindley17 wrote:

Holy shit Brian Hunt was your instructor thats soooo sick

Yeah he was the most chill dude ever. You meet the coolest riders and pros there. I sold brakes to Chris Clanton (first person to ever do a double backflip tucknohander). My friend met Jamie Bestwick and he taught him how to do backflips cleaner. Same friend was also in the same cabin as Adam LZ and he had no clue who he was and why everyone knew him.

|

2/2/2013 8:18 PM

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Thanks alot.
I am going to west.

No problem man, glad to help. Your going to have a great time.

|