First try

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2014 11:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2014 11:07 PM

Lacing wheels...
Thank you to g french...
The build instructions at http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk/custom/wheel_build/wheels.html
Easy to follow. Dunno why I never tried before!
Gsport marm and ratchet to HB generators with asahi godo dbl butteds x4 pattern.
Only took 3 hours. Trued.
Psyched!!!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

3/31/2014 11:11 PM

looks good, and 3 hours?! My first time lacing one wheel took about that long haha, 2 wheels would probably taken me twice as long -_____-

Building wheels is fun, next time you do it try to go faster & beat your old record, I do that & it makes it even more fun haha

|

3/31/2014 11:13 PM

3 hours is long man. My first lacing was about 2 hours lol. My last was 1 hour or maybe a little less.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/31/2014 11:18 PM

If you know your wheels, lacing is a breeze. Fastest for me was 45 give or take a tiny bit minutes including installation and truing. First time ever was about an hour and a half, maybe less. Mind that I've only laced 3x cross pattern only. 4x cross may take me an extra 5-10 minutes or so.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/31/2014 11:23 PM

Shit I think the fastest I ever laced a wheel was a bit under 10 minutes. Never really tried to speed lace like Turbo at Albes did for that contest a couple years ago. Never really timed myself truing it though

|

3/31/2014 11:28 PM

I hope I only get better! Nice knowing I CAN do it myself. Was always afraid of screw it up before. Figured it never hurts to share, as it may convince someone else who thought like I did to try!

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/1/2014 11:21 AM

Not bad!

A little patience and practice and you will be down to 30 mins a wheel.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/1/2014 1:50 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Not bad!

A little patience and practice and you will be down to 30 mins a wheel.

THats fast man! I hope i dont have to alce much more wheels tho.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/1/2014 2:08 PM

Thats awsome man, I've always wanted to lace my own wheels but never had too, when i finally get a custom wheel set going i will though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/1/2014 2:13 PM

Thanks guys!
Wish I had tried ten years ago. Lol.
Went much better than expected!

|

4/1/2014 2:36 PM

boston wrote:

Thanks guys!
Wish I had tried ten years ago. Lol.
Went much better than expected!

And dont forget the money you have saved wink

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/1/2014 2:36 PM

That guide is what taught me, can get a wheel laced, trued and bedded within the hour. Even made a bit of cash from kids who dont want to learn new things as thats the "boring stuff" personally I love it.

|

4/1/2014 6:10 PM

I was down to lacing wheels in a half hour. Stoked that you got it though! Peiple think lacing is a hell of a lot harder than it reallt is.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/1/2014 6:41 PM

future FBM wrote:

I was down to lacing wheels in a half hour. Stoked that you got it though! Peiple think lacing is a hell of a lot harder than ...more

Thanks!
And you're right, it isn't hard at all. Trying is a bit time consuming though. Lol.

|

4/1/2014 7:18 PM

3 hours????

ain't nobody got time for that!!!

but good job man.
I am very jealous.

I wish i had the patience. lol

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)