Related:
Create New Tag
steve-in-kville steve-in-kville
3/4/2014 2:18 PM

I just ordered a Fit Benny L frame, should be here this week. I plan to swap most parts from another bike, but I will need a fork and a Mid BB. Any recommendations on either of these?

Here's the frame I have ordered:
http://www.danscomp.com/products-FRAMES/211576/Fit_Benny_L_Frame_%28Ben_Lewis%29.html

Just an old guy riding the toys I couldn't afford 25 years ago!!

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
3/4/2014 2:21 PM

A bottom bracket is a bottom bracket so id say grab the cheapest Black BB possible. Fork wise i would get a pair of Odyssey R-series forks. R25's if your into super tech stuff or R32's to calm down the steep HT of the Benny L. Fit and S&M Both make great forks as well.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

T-rider T-rider
3/4/2014 2:33 PM

Odyssey r25 and the cheapest bb you can find in black.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
3/4/2014 2:41 PM

R32 if you want average forks

R25 if you want just a tad bit tighter front end for nose tricks and sharp steering

S&M Fast Pitch if you want to go all out, practically flatland

And bottom brackets are generally the same, get whichever one looks coolest to you.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/4/2014 2:53 PM

How many different sizes of mid BB's are there? I've seen 19 and 22mm. This has be baffled.

BTW- this is my first BMX build from scratch. Hence the questions.

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
3/4/2014 2:58 PM

odyssey r25/32 ans a stolen revolver bb

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
3/4/2014 3:00 PM
steve-in-kville wrote:

How many different sizes ...more

19mm, 22mm and 24mm so three. what cranks do you have?

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
3/4/2014 3:01 PM

What size cranks do you have? Most stock or 8spline cranks are 19mm, meaning you need a 19mm mid bottom bracket. If you have aftermarket 22mm cranks, you need 22mm mid bottom.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/4/2014 3:06 PM

The cranks are coming off a Spanish BB bike, which I think only come in 19mm. Without pulling a crank arm, this what I have to go by.

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
3/4/2014 3:08 PM
steve-in-kville wrote:

The cranks are coming off ...more

Spanish BB's come in 22mm, but thats besides the point if its a kink whip like you signature says and its still the stock crank you need a 19mm.

3/4/2014 3:26 PM

Most likely the parts will come off the Whip. At least that is the plan for now....

T-rider T-rider
3/4/2014 3:28 PM

Thats a good idea

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
3/4/2014 3:32 PM
steve-in-kville wrote:

Most likely the parts will ...more

Then order a 19mm Mid BB

3/4/2014 4:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. That's what I'll do.

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
3/4/2014 6:35 PM

Pitchforks and any BB you like they're all the same

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
3/4/2014 7:58 PM

Get FIT blade lite 2 forks !!

And yeaup , any BB will do.

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP