Fit Conway 1

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2016 10:37 AM

Today I am going to buy a nearly new fit Conway 1 for $250 I am just starting out and was wondering if this is a good bike and if it has sealed bearings. Thanks

|

10/11/2016 12:12 PM

It's fine

|

It’s all bmx

10/11/2016 6:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2016 6:59 PM

Fit makes some good shit. I'll have to know what year it is to know if it has sealed bearings, let me look it up and I'll get back to you.
Edit: It looks sealed to me.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/11/2016 7:47 PM

I just bought a fit bmx and know very little about bikes, I bought it used but it's in great condition, the pedals feel a little weird and make little noises when pedaling or it's the back wheel. What should I do? Or is it normal

|

10/11/2016 11:11 PM

The noise could be anything. Best thing to do is take the cranks off, take the bb out, take the sprocket off etc. Then re assemble with plenty of grease any where metal is in contact with metal and make sure everything is tight. Check the chainline before taking it all off and add/remove spacers on the drive side if necessary. Also check the driver for play/wear.
If the noise continues, strip the hub, clean and regrease

|

10/13/2016 9:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The noise could be anything. Best thing to do is take the cranks off, take the bb out, take the sprocket off etc. Then re assemble with plenty of grease any where metal is in contact with metal and make sure everything is tight. Check the chainline before taking it all off and add/remove spacers on the drive side if necessary. Also check the driver for play/wear.
If the noise continues, strip the hub, clean and regrease

Just took it to my friend that knows about bmx and he took it apart, replaced the chain, and tightened everything up. It's so far a great bike and pretty light

|