Fit Inman Signature frame thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2014 7:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2014 7:24 AM

Hey Guys, first post due to snapping my frame so hi. Recently snapped my downtube on my Colony Premise Frame and am looking to grab a new frame so I can get rolling again.

Was pretty much decided on a Mutiny Rune 21" but a guy at the local park has offered up a Fit Inman signature 21" for 90 bucks less, was just wondering on whether people rate it as a good frame and what not? The mutiny would be ordered from my LBS for $285 brand new, the Inman will be $195 second hand. Apparently the Inman has only been ridden a week (sure sure mate wink ), and looks to be in mint condition but I'm worried about snapping another frame...do I need to be? I've read that FIT are beast, and made in the USA is always nice (I like American blown glass...) but Mutiny seem to be the goods as well? I've only been riding like a year or so, and am pretty fucking average, mostly just flow through the parks and occasionally hit smaller trails, but do tend to boost out of quarters and such to flat....I'm also a bit worried the Inman chainstay length would be a bit long for me? Or maybe it would just allow me to ride the trails as opposed to fail them haha? I'm 5'10 btw. Any help would be great as i'm super torn because, they Mutiny would be brand new (woohoo) but the inman saves me 90 bucks and im a bmxer thus broke...Thanks dudes!

|

6/14/2014 7:41 AM

If the Inman was really only rode a week (you should be able to tell by scratches and stuff) and its the Aftermarket model, then its the better deal. However, I believe the two have totally different specs, so go with the one you like more.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/14/2014 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2014 7:59 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If the Inman was really only rode a week (you should be able to tell by scratches and stuff) and its the Aftermarket model, ...more

I'll head down and check it out in the next couple of days and see what is up. Fairly confident it is the aftermarket model, but is there something I can look for to be certain? Yeah the two both have pretty different specs, but having only ridden the premise, I dont know what I'll like so i figure ill just learn to love it regardless haha. I like the look and such of the rune more, however the $90 saved on the FIT is such a bonus for me currently...and it's USA made (if its the aftermarket)..I realize no one can answer this but me at the end of the day haha I'm just rambling..Either way my missus is gonna tear me a new one...

Cheers for the reply too

|

6/19/2014 12:31 AM

Frame turned out to be off one of the completes so I ordered a Rune yesterday! Super stoked!

|

6/19/2014 7:28 AM

Neviss wrote:

Frame turned out to be off one of the completes so I ordered a Rune yesterday! Super stoked!

nice! I'm a mutiny fan and i love their parts lol. i have their wand forks and they're fucking rock solid. that frame should be good!

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

6/19/2014 11:32 AM

Solid trails frame would be good for everything though

|

6/20/2014 12:27 AM

tr1x wrote:

nice! I'm a mutiny fan and i love their parts lol. i have their wand forks and they're fucking rock solid. that frame should ...more

Yeah sick bro! Have loved the mutiny edits and I got the frame at a sick price so yeah am super fucking keen for it to arrive! Some wands will be my next buy :D

|