Fit Parts

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2013 4:09 PM

I have 2 benny frames that are cracked by where the seat stay connects to the seat tube as well as 2 cracked shiv forks. I've always been a fan of Fit and still fun FAF tires but do you think they would possibly help me out? I've called them before and all they say is i can get a crash replacement. I'm literally willing to send all that stuff in for just a chrome pitchfork xlt. What do u guys think?

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

11/21/2013 4:20 PM

I've also cracked the shiv fork. I think that's on us for making a bad decision, shivs just blow. They don't do the life time warranty thing anymore, gonna have to settle for crash replacement bro. Why not try something new now that you have a chance? Fit is just a label.. plenty of other high quality frames out there.

I don't think they'll give you the fork for all that. Doesn't work that way.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/21/2013 4:36 PM

its just messed up how 2 frames ($369x2) plus 2 forks ($100X2) is basically $938 down the drain. I had a friend who warrantied his shiv fork for free a few years ago when Robbie was still apart of fit. At the time it was over a year old, yet he still had the original receipt so that was good enough. I understand parts don't last forever and they take plenty of abuse, but there's a thing called metal fatigue that needs to be taken into account when testing your product. Fit obviously didn't stress test those shiv forks like a quality company would like Odyssey. Still to this day if you crack an Odyssey fork or cranks no matter what, they will stand by their product 100%

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

11/21/2013 4:47 PM

nshs2010 wrote:

its just messed up how 2 frames ($369x2) plus 2 forks ($100X2) is basically $938 down the drain. I had a friend who warrantied his shiv fork for free a few years ago when Robbie was still apart of fit. At the time it was over a year old, yet he still had the original receipt so that was good enough. I understand parts don't last forever and they take plenty of abuse, but there's a thing called metal fatigue that needs to be taken into account when testing your product. Fit obviously didn't stress test those shiv forks like a quality company would like Odyssey. Still to this day if you crack an Odyssey fork or cranks no matter what, they will stand by their product 100%

I know theyre not 100% the same company but I cracked my Sunday Ian and Sunday told me the same thing. Crash replacement or nothing because I didn't have the warranty card.

|

11/21/2013 4:49 PM

time for an avatar update?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/16/2013 9:51 AM

BMXism wrote:

time for an avatar update?

you mad? haha

|

12/16/2013 9:59 AM

Something is better than nothing.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/16/2013 10:17 AM

How does the cash replacement work? Do they just give you some of your money back?
In that case im sure you could get enough cash replacement for a set of chrome ody forks.
Or do they do what eastern does and just give you discount?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/16/2013 11:04 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

How does the cash replacement work? Do they just give you some of your money back?
In that case im sure you could get enough cash replacement for a set of chrome ody forks.
Or do they do what eastern does and just give you discount?

It's just a discount

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/16/2013 11:05 AM

They give you like a certain amount off i thinklike a new frane would be around 150 or so after you send in your franme

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/16/2013 4:43 PM

I love Fit. I have the orginal blade lites and they still hold up like new ! My friend has a complete and he kills it and it's still dialed as fuck.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/18/2013 8:31 AM

i love fit if i'm buying new parts or frames nothing but fit but like any other company they've had a few bad products, for some reason the shiv's don't hold up like the blades and i have a wifi i can't even put a ding on while the more expensive eddie v3 cracked in 3 different spots on me..i do think the warranty should be better but even companies with lifetime warranties find ways to try and screw you out of it but from my experience odyssey and primo have the 2 best warranty departments

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)