Fit Sig. stock wheel or Custom wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2011 11:12 AM

my wheel recently went to shit and i need a new wheel. my friend said he has a fit stock wheel (stock sealed hub, 440 rim, etc.) for $50 and its in pretty good condition. i have a primo pro cassette hub that needs pawls and springs that i want to lace up to a new sun big baller rim 36h with 12g spokes. but these NEW parts will cost me around $80. i was thinking that if i buy my friends stock rim im eventually going to have to buy a new wheel within the year considering how hard i ride and how fast i go through parts. but if i get the semi-new setup, im going to have to wait 3 days for parts and im going to have to lace it up myself and spend an extra $15.

tl;dr: should i just get my friends rim for $50 and save up to buy a whole new custom wheel soon. or should i buy a new rim, spokes, pawls for $80 and wait 3 days?

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 11:19 AM

lacing a wheel isnt hard at all just get a how to vid thats good and true it good to.i say get his n save up n buy a whole new custom wheel.

|

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||___
| THE SEX TRUCK |||""'|""\___,_
|_____________ l||__|__|__|
(@)@)"""""""**(@)(@)**|(@)

refs:TCBMX

9/6/2011 11:34 AM

id say buy a whole new rim...

|

9/6/2011 11:36 AM

jamesbmx1324 wrote:

lacing a wheel isnt hard at all just get a how to vid thats good and true it good to.i say get his n save up n buy a whole new custom wheel.

i know how to lace and true wheels, it just sucks doing it without a truing stand lol

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 11:37 AM

kikcer2 wrote:

id say buy a whole new rim...

that's what i want to do but i don't have 200 for a rim at the moment. and i want to ride asap

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 11:49 AM

wow, complain much? just save up ur money u whiney little BITCH!

|

BROC RAIFORD BIKE CHECK
Gucci Bike check BURRR
Lee_Rager, Beastassdick, Dolphin, scram hype, BMX4thahaters,Ron44ald,future FBM, NickRidesAlot
Matt at Randy Wise

9/6/2011 12:05 PM

mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com wrote:

wow, complain much? just save up ur money u whiney little BITCH!

i need a wheel to ride so im not bike-less for a while. thats why i want to choose one of these and start saving.

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 12:14 PM

i think the stock hub would work if you reaaally wanna save money, but you will most definitely get more life out of your wheel if you go the other way and spend a little bit more. the cheaper way is always tempting, but you usually end up paying more in the long run because of it.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

9/6/2011 12:33 PM

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

i think the stock hub would work if you reaaally wanna save money, but you will most definitely get more life out of your wheel if you go the other way and spend a little bit more. the cheaper way is always tempting, but you usually end up paying more in the long run because of it.

yea im going to go with the primo setup cause its going to be laced to a sun rim with 12g spokes so the wheel will be bomb proof.

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 1:10 PM

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

edymna wrote:

yea im going to go with the primo setup cause its going to be laced to a sun rim with 12g spokes so the wheel will be bomb proof.

hazards to gsports are boombproof, this wheel is maybe kitten proof....'

anywho snag a cheap aftermarket custom wheel off here, i bought my hazards to vandero and v3 for a total of 140. for BOTH!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/6/2011 5:09 PM

future FBM wrote:

anywho snag a cheap aftermarket custom wheel off here, i bought my hazards to vandero and v3 for a total of 140. for BOTH!

im pretty sure that sun rims and 12g spokes are bomb proof. ive seen gsport wheels break and i personally broke 2 hazard hubs.

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY

9/6/2011 5:38 PM

edymna wrote:

future FBM wrote:

edymna wrote:

im pretty sure that sun rims and 12g spokes are bomb proof. ive seen gsport wheels break and i personally broke 2 hazard hubs.

Honestly, I thought that was an asshole thing to say that because I know that's all you can get right now. However, that G-sport To Hazard Would last longer than that Primo to Sun. NO DOUBT!

|

9/6/2011 6:54 PM

YouAlreadyKnowThough wrote:

Honestly, I thought that was an asshole thing to say that because I know that's all you can get right now. However, that G-sport To Hazard Would last longer than that Primo to Sun. NO DOUBT!

ooooooh i thought you were talking about the hazard hub lol. the hazard rims are nuke proof hahaha.

|

4 PEGS ALL DAY