Fit Warranty and Drilling For Tabs **UPDATED, Fit Allows It** NEW QUESTION, Which Forks?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2014 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2014 7:07 PM

I noticed on the Fit Website that there is no mention of voiding the warranty if I get a frame drilled for tabs.... I have not called yet but I figured if someone already asked them this I could get a straight away answer.

EDIT BELOW IN BOLD:
So Fit DOES allow it, only if done correctly. If drilled wrong then no replacement.

So now, in terms of that, I have been thinking on getting a gyro and front brakes. Which forks would you guys reccomend? Obviously ODSY but what about DECO? I would not be necessarily feeling a 25 offset with a 75.5 HTA, the DECOS have a 28 available. And the Colony Forks have 30 like my Demo Elites.

Photo

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

10/25/2014 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2014 3:31 PM

I'm 90% sure that will void warranty
why not email them? None of us work for fit/s&m

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/25/2014 3:35 PM

Yeah pretty sure it'll void it but i think they'll do it for you if you send it in

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/25/2014 3:36 PM

this guy got dimensions right from Fit on where to drill tabs, so I would assume if they give you that then they're okay with it. But better email/call them to be on the safe side.
|

10/25/2014 3:56 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: this guy got dimensions right from Fit on where to drill tabs, so I would assume if they give you that then they're okay with ...more

my take on it is this: fit warranty for frames (as far as I know) including the wifi are handled by s&m, because ive seen someone break an s&m frame and get offered a fit wifi as a crash replacement
the s&m guys are usually pretty good with warranty stuff
if the breakage is anything having to do with the headtube, up to halfway down the top/bottom tube then i don't think they would warranty it
if the breakage was something like a cracked chainstay, it has no correlation to the modification and i would think they would warranty it

but seriously just flippin email them, we don't have a 100% correct answer, only fit does

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/25/2014 4:01 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

my take on it is this: fit warranty for frames (as far as I know) including the wifi are handled by s&m, because ive seen ...more

Fit & S&M are in the same warehouse so that's why, if you break a frame, you have the option to choose from either Fit or S&M so that's really cool of them. Includes stock frames too. Friend of mine snapped his BF1 frame, got crash replacement & only paid like half for an S&M ATF

It's not lifetime warranty anymore, just 1 year, but at least after 1 year is up they're still offering some form of warranty.

|

10/26/2014 7:58 AM

Email them. That will get your answer 100% correct, then you know and don't get hosed by some kid being a butthole saying yea it's fine and then you get denied because the kid lied.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/27/2014 7:08 PM

BUMP

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin