Fit WiFi or United Mothership V2 Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2013 3:18 PM

I've been looking at both these frames. they are similar sizes (20.75, 20.8) and both look cool. the mothership has more colors and gyro tabs which the wifi doesn't, but it says it has "micro dropouts" which worries me. The mothership in 10$ more. What do you think? Any other suggestions? I'm looking for that size range, removable brake mounts, and i want gyro holes. note. I WANT A HEAVY FRAME so don't suggest anything too light

|

12/3/2013 3:20 PM

actually they are pretty much the same quality. go with what ever feels right. i would do the united because nobody really rides them and i like them, but thats just me.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/3/2013 3:44 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

actually they are pretty much the same quality. go with what ever feels right. i would do the united because nobody really rides them and i like them, but thats just me.

do you think micro dropout thickness is sketchy?

|

12/3/2013 6:15 PM

No it just makes the pegs sit flush better. Both or really good frames , but personally I'd go for the United. Thtey make sweet parts and the Mothership is backed by Nathan himself.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/3/2013 7:06 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

No it just makes the pegs sit flush better. Both or really good frames , but personally I'd go for the United. Thtey make sweet parts and the Mothership is backed by Nathan himself.

sweet thanks

|

12/5/2013 8:00 AM

I got the Wifi a few months back after i broke my Guerra frame.. So far it feels great and is perfectly touchy, havent had a single problem, havent dented it or anything

|

12/5/2013 8:08 AM

I have the mothership V2. Great frame. Everything feels solid. Geo is amazing, and I'd highly recommend it. Not a lot of people have it so you won't go to a skatepark and have to worry about having a frame someone else rides. You will feel unique the whole time and love the frame too.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

12/5/2013 10:19 AM

mothership is a great frame but unfortunately it cracked in 11 months. United replaced it free of charge! Now i own a beacon which is a awesome frame too!

|

12/5/2013 12:04 PM

i would always recommend the wifi it's honestly the strongest frame i've ever ridden it seems impossible to dent, the geo is the perfect mix of street/park and trail and it looks great

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)