Fit shiv v3 problem

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2015 10:30 PM

Aye, I am new to vital bmx, so bare with me here. Anyways I here's the problem, I was running Fit Blade Light V1 forks for 6 years. I finally decided I wanted to order some updated forks so I went ahead and bought Fit Shiv V3 forks. But they wiggle even when I tighten the stem cap first! I have a intergrated frame, intergrated headset, and apparently intergrated forks? Anyways the forks have wiggle room on the bottom and I don't know what else to do. The specs can be found at www.danscomp.com I feel specs would help a lot. Thank you all. laughing

|

12/24/2015 10:41 PM

Yo I got the biggest bars in town!

|

12/24/2015 11:43 PM

Photo

When I'm stupid as fuck this helps a bit
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/25/2015 12:12 AM

Your steerer might need trimming down a touch, or add another spacer. It sounds like your compression bolt is clamping onto the top of the forks, rather than just the stem. Therefore, not tightening your headset

|

12/25/2015 12:22 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Your steerer might need trimming down a touch, or add another spacer. It sounds like your compression bolt is clamping onto ...more

So should my stem sit purposely higher than my steerer tube? I believe it's flush.. I'm not sure.

|

12/25/2015 4:13 PM

you need spacers the fork should not be completely flush with the stem that should stop the wiggling

|

12/25/2015 8:27 PM

First double check that your headset is installed properly

(credit to brianoob I believe was who made this)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

And make sure you're not using the lower bearing race with these forks cause you don't need it since it's integrated.

Next is what everyone else is saying, you need more spacers. The top of your steerer tube should be under your stem by a few mms, but no more than 4 or 5.

Like this

Photo

If that doesn't work, then something else is likely fucked.

|

12/26/2015 5:57 PM

Yeah that worked I had to buy a different spacer, thanks man.

|

12/26/2015 5:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

First double check that your headset is installed properly

(credit to brianoob I believe was who made this)

[LINK TO IMAGE]
...more

Yeah that worked I had to buy a different spacer, thanks man

|