Fitco or Kink? 2017/2018

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2017 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2017 10:53 PM

Hi guys im getting a new bike but im torn between the Kink Liberty 2018 and the 2017 Fitco Vh1. What brand is better in regards to durability and all that? Also any 2018 Kink Liberty owners out there that can tell me how they like their ride? Im on a $450 budget i will even take advice of what bike will be perfect for me. Im also 6 foot

|

6/21/2017 7:01 PM

Fit vh1 because van fucken homan

|

6/21/2017 10:52 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Fit vh1 because van fucken homan

I just did some research on the vh1. I really like it and im probably going to buy it tomorrow. Do you own one? If so how do you like it

|

6/21/2017 11:31 PM

Kink has the full chromo frame but fit has those beefy indent 48s cranks and better parts, i would go fit because they have a good warranty for frames, so if it dont hold up im sure they will work with you.

|

6/21/2017 11:42 PM

Built quality wise, they'll be about the same. But as said above, the kink is full chromoly, the fit isn't. But the fit comes with some better parts.
If you're planning to upgrade parts in the future, get the kink. If you want parts to last but don't mind upgrading the frame in the future, get the fit.

Warranty on both will probably be about the same too. They're probably both made in the same factory

|

6/21/2017 11:44 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

Kink has the full chromo frame but fit has those beefy indent 48s cranks and better parts, i would go fit because they have a good warranty for frames, so if it dont hold up im sure they will work with you.

Oops nevermind, cranks are fit indent style arms but 8 spline spindle.. if your 6 foot u should look into 21" frames though

|

6/21/2017 11:53 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

Kink has the full chromo frame but fit has those beefy indent 48s cranks and better parts, i would go fit because they have a good warranty for frames, so if it dont hold up im sure they will work with you.

Shredkink9 wrote:

Oops nevermind, cranks are fit indent style arms but 8 spline spindle.. if your 6 foot u should look into 21" frames though

I heard 100% chromoly is where its at. The Kink Liberty is a little taller. I was trying to find a Fit Long 1 because it is a 22" but i cant find any anywhere. If you could recommended me a frame for my height i would greatly appreciate it

|

6/22/2017 12:00 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Built quality wise, they'll be about the same. But as said above, the kink is full chromoly, the fit isn't. But the fit comes with some better parts.
If you're planning to upgrade parts in the future, get the kink. If you want parts to last but don't mind upgrading the frame in the future, get the fit.

Warranty on both will probably be about the same too. They're probably both made in the same factory

I feel like parts are more important than the frame. Shouldnt cost too much to find a 100% chromly frame in the future right?

|

6/22/2017 12:09 AM

22" is a little extreme if you're only 6 foot tall flat. I would go 21" or somewhere under 21.25" , but if your going for a 450.00 price range look around on craigs, ebay or vital. You might score a solid custom complete for a price or something close to it

|

6/22/2017 12:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2017 12:35 AM

Shredkink9 wrote:

22" is a little extreme if you're only 6 foot tall flat. I would go 21" or somewhere under 21.25" , but if your going for a 450.00 price range look around on craigs, ebay or vital. You might score a solid custom complete for a price or something close to it

Do you think 20.85" will be ok for my height? Also i looked at the specs on the 2017 fit vh.1 and is it ok if its not 100% chromoly? I rather get a bike that says chrmoly than hi tensile

|

6/22/2017 12:36 AM

Photo

|

6/22/2017 12:48 AM

It's up to you man, personal preference. Ride friends bikes to get a feel for different frame sizes.
Photo
20.75 or 20.85 might make you feel crammed

|

6/22/2017 12:51 AM

Shredkink9 wrote:

It's up to you man, personal preference. Ride friends bikes to get a feel for different frame sizes.
Photo
20.75 or 20.85 might make you feel crammed

Thanks for the info and the chart man! Helps alot!

|

6/22/2017 1:14 AM

Shredkink9 wrote:

It's up to you man, personal preference. Ride friends bikes to get a feel for different frame sizes.
Photo
20.75 or 20.85 might make you feel crammed

The third pic is wrong. It should be 20.5 not 21.5. just thought I should point that out.

|

6/22/2017 6:45 AM

I would always go for full chromoly and then upgrade parts, but I buy with the idea that my frame will last forever since I don't do crazy X-games type riding. I am still learning (read as "falling a lot") and I need a frame that will stand up to that. Parts are always gonna wear out so they are expected to break. PLUS, if you get a good frame, and then upgrade with better parts as you go, all the sudden you have a decent "custom" bike, and you have learned some wrenching as well.

I think the Kink is the choice, and would also tell you to check out the Colony Inception for just a bit more....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/22/2017 9:02 AM

Yea i didnt notice in the middle of that chart it was an error, odd..

|

6/22/2017 9:17 AM

You also want to make sure the bars are chromoly because my friend bent his cheap high ten bars a lot and had to spend 65 bucks for some chromoly bars

|

6/22/2017 10:15 AM

I've been riding a stock kink liberty frame and wheelset for three years now, but I snapped the cranks at the weld. Overall the two bikes should be the same except for geometry.

|