Fixie fakies

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2013 5:08 PM

My driver jammed, so i had a fixie... it made fakies more fun and faster, made everything else worse :L turned out my ratchet ring broke :/ was an eclat pulse hub i bought in november, I've already hit up my distro to see what they can do. Anyone else ever have this happen or any problems with the SDS?Photo

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/3/2013 9:12 AM

You all suck for not caring I can ride sad

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/3/2013 9:15 AM

That sucks man. I haven't had this happen with any of my hubs.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/3/2013 9:23 AM

I never heard of a ratchet ring breaking but I've seen them strip out and make a horrible grinding sound when pedaled

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/3/2013 9:25 AM

tomdon wrote:

I never heard of a ratchet ring breaking but I've seen them strip out and make a horrible grinding sound when pedaled

Well here's your first :L it just jammed up completely

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/3/2013 9:32 AM

That's by no means normal. Hopefully éclat will take care of this for ya. Doesn't the sds ring come out and you flip it around and put it back?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/3/2013 11:17 AM

tomdon wrote:

That's by no means normal. Hopefully éclat will take care of this for ya. Doesn't the sds ring come out and you flip it around and put it back?

it says i should email the mail order i got it from first so im still waiting. And yeah, but last time i did that it wasnt in 6 pieces :L

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

1/8/2016 9:37 AM

Sane shit happened to me.but i put all the pieces back in with out the c clip and it runs fine.but it does a number on the springs&pawls

|

1/8/2016 10:25 AM

Please check the date on a thread before posting on it....

|

1/8/2016 4:58 PM

Yea my bad.My ratchet ring just broke.so i was just trying to see what was out there on the subject.I just ordered new pawls&springs bc they were lost in the explosion when i pulled my casette out.but i can't track down a ring for the pulse only the blind.do u think that they're compatible

|

1/8/2016 5:38 PM

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

Yea my bad.My ratchet ring just broke.so i was just trying to see what was out there on the subject.I just ordered new pawls&springs bc they were lost in the explosion when i pulled my casette out.but i can't track down a ring for the pulse only the blind.do u think that they're compatible

I would suggest emailing Eclat on that one. Ratchet rings are pretty specific based on spacing, if it is threaded in the thread pitch, and amount of pawls/shape of pawls.

That's surprising that your ratchet ring broke, I would imagine something else got in there or caused some issues (spring slipped or pawl slipped binding it up and then suddenly crunch.)

Also make sure the inside of the hub isn't damaged, AND you should ask eclat if is it covered in any way. They MIGHT hook you up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura