Flairs or Backflips

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2017 6:54 AM

Right, so I can straight flip foam rather easily. But I have not yet had the balls to send it over a jump box. But then I started seeing flairs about and it made me think. What would be better/easier to learn. Flair vs flips. any help? either I am now willing to try but I'm just interested to see your point of view. Cheers!

|

3/30/2017 8:23 AM

I cant do either but from my understanding flairs are generally easier

|

3/30/2017 8:32 AM

LikeRats wrote:

I cant do either but from my understanding flairs are generally easier

That's what I was thinking because of the bails. Think flairs is the best to go, if I find flips relatively easy in the foam I'm sure sending a flair would be ideal. Thanks!

|

3/30/2017 1:27 PM

When I learned flips into foam I dropped my shoulder on rotation and would end up spinning 90 + degrees almost every time, from what I understand you start a flip and just drop the leading shoulder for the rotation.

Don't hold me to that though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2017 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 4:09 PM

Learned flips to airbag not too long ago and I don't even think about what I'm doing or anything my body's got the muscle memory of them pretty dialed , in a month when the frost in the ground thaws here in canada going to rebuild my ramp to dirt landing and huck them to dirt , flairs would be wild to learn but I do 540s on quarters already I think if I tried to learn them I'd end up learning flatspin 540s instead of flairs but I don't know if I'll ever try a flair

|

3/30/2017 6:06 PM

My friend can flip and flair, he highly prefers flairs and does them all the time at the park but will almost never do a straight flip. He says he's almost as comfortable with doing flairs as he is with doing 360s

|