Flanges

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2015 7:46 PM

Does anyone even run flanges on grips anymore? Don't see them I bought shadow chula grips and I feel I need to cut them off so people don't laugh at me for running flanges, are they not cool anymore?

|

7/13/2015 7:52 PM

I think flangeless looks cleaner and also barspins are easier to catch I guess.

|

7/13/2015 7:56 PM

Who cares if someone gives you shit about something insignificant? I would just use them as is, then replace worn with flangeless nxt time.

|



Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

7/13/2015 8:18 PM

so do you guys ride flanges? i think its old school looking flangless looks slick lol

|

7/13/2015 8:23 PM

My hands would slide into the cross bar without flanges.

I NEED them.

|

7/13/2015 8:26 PM

Live by the flanges

|

7/13/2015 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2015 10:52 PM

I love my flanges. Anyone hating on flanges should get hit by a bus.
EDIT: Not get hit by a bus literally. More like "wtf, hating over flanges?"

|

7/13/2015 8:34 PM

I don't mind people who ride them still but after ridint flangless for probably close to 7 years, I do think they look a little odd seeing them on bikes nowadays. But nothing to hate on, some people like them or need them if they ride brakes and ride with their hands all the way in towards the grip.

I ride with my hands on the very ends of my bars where the bar ends are so flanges are useless to me pretty much. I only started cutting them off cause of the clean look personally.

|

7/13/2015 8:41 PM

i should run them because im practically holding the bar but i cant stand how they feel.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/13/2015 8:50 PM

Every one in Delaware that rides is like strictly flangless it's weird

|

7/13/2015 8:56 PM

I haven't kept mine on in a while because I like the feeling and the look of flangeless. I don't see the big deal about flanges though. I've never really heard of anyone being worried about flanges though.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/13/2015 9:25 PM

I like em.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/13/2015 10:30 PM

I run one on the right to protect my thumb from the brake lever, but none on the left to keep it clean.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/14/2015 2:53 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I run one on the right to protect my thumb from the brake lever, but none on the left to keep it clean.

Same, I bought some demo grips with the mini flanges.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/14/2015 3:02 AM

I used to run flanges but went unflangeless for a cleaner look (and the grips I had chosen didn't come with flanges so I had no choice either).

If I get a 4 piece bar (like, in a year), I'll definitely run a flanged grip. Vintagie-look...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

7/14/2015 3:35 AM

I cut my flanges so they arent as big, still there though

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/14/2015 4:08 AM

I like flanges, keeps me from holding too far in on the bars, but i wont not buy a pair of grips because they dont have flanges.

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


7/14/2015 6:02 AM

oahz24 wrote:

I think flangeless looks cleaner and also barspins are easier to catch I guess.

I run them, brakeless or not, and I don't care. I think bars are better WITH them, so I know where to catch.

I think bars look sloppy when someone catches them half way down the curve.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2015 6:04 AM

It's because those people giving crap can't do a barspin without catching the curve. Plus it is trendy right now. I bet if two or three of the current pros ran road bike bar tape instead of grips, it would become insanely popular overnight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2015 7:51 AM

I stopped running flanges after I'd get blisters all over the side of my index finger and thumb. I'm just used to flange less now

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/14/2015 8:40 AM

i run flangeless because flanges don't serve any real purpose imo
if your hands are slipping horizontally off the grip and onto the bar, you should probably look for some new grips

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/14/2015 9:02 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

I stopped running flanges after I'd get blisters all over the side of my index finger and thumb. I'm just used to flange less now

Me too so I always cut them off. I'd consider rocking a single flange if I had a brake but I don't.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/14/2015 11:51 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i run flangeless because flanges don't serve any real purpose imo
if your hands are slipping horizontally off the grip and onto the bar, you should probably look for some new grips

I don't hold on very tightly and I have real bad arthritis in my hands.

|

7/14/2015 12:36 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I stopped running flanges after I'd get blisters all over the side of my index finger and thumb. I'm just used to flange less now

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Me too so I always cut them off. I'd consider rocking a single flange if I had a brake but I don't.

Yeah I run ODI longnecks w flange because I have a brake lever. Just used to it, but then, I'm old :-)

|



Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green