Flat Spot??

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 3:52 AM

I’m sure someone on here was running these rims and said they felt a bit too light. Clearly they weren’t wrong...

Photo

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/8/2018 3:58 AM

That's what you get for using a race only rim for freestyle.........

|

4/8/2018 3:59 AM

And for running the forbidden oil slick

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/8/2018 6:05 AM

That's not bad, you can true that right up!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/8/2018 6:16 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

And for running the forbidden oil slick

The rim probably committed suicide. I think I'd rather commit suicide than be near a bike that colour.....

|

4/8/2018 9:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 9:11 AM

Maybe he ran the wheel stock and never tightened up the spokes...

My brand new wheel came with the entire left side super loose. I bent it enough to where it wouldnt clear my brake pads and the wheel wouldnt turn. A single poorly executed 180...It was my mistake for trusting a "hand built" wheel...

I trued it back up and tightened all the spokes and its holding. Gonna let em bed in for a while and give em another tighten.

Check the spokes before you ride...lol

I know a lot of people that don't even have a spoke wrench.

|

4/8/2018 9:21 AM

I’m pretty sure he would’ve had them tightened. But you’re right, I got a custom wheel build and the spokes were not tight at all, I wasn’t impressed.

Steve is right, that is one disgusting bike.

|

4/8/2018 10:13 AM

Any half decent wheel builder will pre stretch the spokes. It's a race only rim that probably had a massive impact

|

4/8/2018 10:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Any half decent wheel builder will pre stretch the spokes. It's a race only rim that probably had a massive impact

This.

Pre-stressing the spokes is one of the most important but most overlooked steps of building a good wheel.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/8/2018 10:28 AM

Precisely why I got rid of that rim. I liked the look of it and rode one in the front years ago… any 360 down something over bar height made my front wheel feel like it was gonna explode

|

4/8/2018 10:39 AM

I have those rims. They get loose easily but seem to stay true when loose. I'm constantly changing spokes and truing them though.

|

Hmmm

4/8/2018 10:42 AM

I used to hate oilslick until I seen an oilslick hyper in person , best looking bike going these days , pictures don’t do them justice

|

4/9/2018 1:38 PM

...I don't see anything wrong.

|

4/9/2018 2:36 PM

I suppose this is as good a time as any to ask, but what is it about Hyper and Snafu that makes them the choice for the quadruple double in & out spinny dervish tailwhip folks?

Is it basically that they're just made for big park stuff. I see Hyper only makes the Logan Martin signature frame, the Wizard frame, and a bunch of bars.

So uh...what gives?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/9/2018 2:40 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I suppose this is as good a time as any to ask, but what is it about Hyper and Snafu that makes them the choice for the ...more

Don’t forgot throwy bikey catchy tricks

|

An Indian on a small bike

4/9/2018 2:42 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

How could I have not included the toss-that-jibby-jobber-and-bring'er-back-hometoya tricks!?

|

4/9/2018 2:45 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I suppose this is as good a time as any to ask, but what is it about Hyper and Snafu that makes them the choice for the ...more

Ved_goswami wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

How could I have not included the toss-that-jibby-jobber-and-bring'er-back-hometoya tricks!?

Was trying to learn that one a couple days ago. Landed it first try.

|

4/9/2018 2:48 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

..................You must ride a Hyper!

|

4/9/2018 2:55 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Ved_goswami wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

..................You must ride a Hyper!

Yeah it’s just a rawwed hyper with a Hoffman sticker on itwink

|

4/9/2018 3:54 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I’m sure someone on here was running these rims and said they felt a bit too light. Clearly they weren’t wrong...

Photo

I don't see anything wrong? Looks like a perfectly trued street wheel to me...

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican