Keep getting flat tires

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2016 4:45 PM

I have been doing BMX since the end of April. Since then, I have gotten 5 flat tires. I have gotten 2 flat tires this week. Its really discouraging, and honestly I've considered quitting and going back to skating just because I don't want to keep buying new inner tubes every other week. How can I fix this?

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

6/25/2016 4:57 PM

Stop running over shit lol but in reality check the inside of your tire before you put the tube in, also check the wheel itself too and make sure no spokes are poking through the rim tape. make sure you're not pinching the tube when you put it in

|

fawk, i'm old

6/25/2016 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2016 5:30 PM

bikerider86 wrote:

Stop running over shit lol but in reality check the inside of your tire before you put the tube in, also check the wheel ...more

I sanded down the outside of the rim a little bit, even though none of it was sharp, but I only sanded the rougher areas. I also put electrical tape around the inside of the rim.

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

6/25/2016 7:28 PM

Check the inside of the tire, check the rim strip, dont run really low pressure, pump up your tube a small amount before you install it. Another option is get a thorn proof tire. Just keep looking up on vital and other sites about this. I have only had like 2 maybe 3 flat tires in about 4 years of riding and i use to go to sketchy trails and run over glass when i was learning. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

|

6/25/2016 11:01 PM

Tire liner + heavy duty tube is what I do and I havent had a flat in 2 years

|

6/25/2016 11:54 PM

You could need new tyres if they're quite thin, you don't need anything special though, and always run at least 50psi. If you've hung up pretty hard at some point your rim could be split. Pump the punctured tube up to see where the puncture is, and investigate that area. A proper rim tape would be a good idea too

|

6/26/2016 11:11 AM

Ride 100 psi then you won't get flats
I haven't had one in over 3 years

|